jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the signs for onset of menopause?

1. landscapeartist profile image76
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

What are the signs for onset of menopause?

I am trying to find out what the signs are for menopause.  I haven't had my monthly since the beginning of May, and my left shin feels hot sometimes.  However when I touch it, there is nothing to warrant the heated feeling.

2. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, lack of libido....should I go on?

3. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

The many signs are hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods, flucuating flow, meaning, frequency and the amount, from light to heavy, anxiety, among many others. A simple test can verify your concern, an FSH taken before 9 am, will verify. I have written an article on the subject http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/menap … e-meltdown

4. profile image0
    LikaMarieposted 5 years ago

It can affect us all in different ways.  Myself?  I get my cycle regularly - still monthly, but, sometimes it's heavy and only lasts a couple days, other times it's very light and lasts about 5 days, and the duration is still shorter.  I get night sweats, and I'm running constantly hot, but don't get the chills.  I'm less patient than usual.

Other people will have out right hot flashes, followed by chills, and irregular timing of their cycles.  You may get isolated areas of warm, rather than full body hot flashes.  Best thing is to talk to your doctor.  (S)He may be able to get you a hormone test to see if you're really going through it or not, and maybe prescribe something to make it easier if you're in need of it.