What are they symptoms of an impending heart attack in women?

1. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

What are they symptoms of an impending heart attack in women?

Hve any women here had a heart attack? How did you know? Did you see a doctor or go to the emergency room right away?

2. conradofontanilla profile image81
    conradofontanillaposted 5 years ago

I am not a woman but I have had symptoms of impending heart attack. I might as well share my experience. Angina pectoris or chest pain is a symptom of impending heart attack. It is a warning. It means that at least one coronary artery of the heart has a plaque that occludes about 50 to 75% of the diameter that limits blood flow to the heart. Heart muscles starved for oxygen (the blood is carrier of oxygen) stimulate pain receptors; stimulus is transmitted to the brain and the brain transmits it back to the origin. However, sometimes it does not land to the heart but to other parts of the body like abdomen, shoulder and left arm. That is called angina or chest pain. Heart muscles starved for oxygen may die; when enough muscles had been disabled such that the heart stops pumping, heart attack occurs. Angina is classified into stable (pain comes upon exertion), unstable (pain comes even a person is resting), and silent that may come when an artery goes into spasm. When I had episodes of stable angina I consulted a doctor. If angina persists for a long time or occurs frequently intermittently go to the emergency room. I am undergoing infusion chelation therapy. I have several Hubs on heart disease.

1. joanwz profile image75
      joanwzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks conrdofontnilla. This is helpful.

working