jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are the health food freak people you know always sick with something or other?

1. mio cid profile image48
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

Are the health food freak people you know always sick with something or other?

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Yes, they suffer from diabetes. That's why now they're health food freaks.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

a lot of them are but obviously not all of them. the one thing i do find is that very few of them are good at working hard all day.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm one of the guilty ones who isn't a health food freak. I really think the 'health food' trend is a way to eat away at people's wallets. If one knows what to avoid it's enough for heaven's sakes. You are so right about(not) working hard all day.!!

4. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I think that people might become health food freaks if they have something wrong with them in the first place. For example I have irritable bowel syndrome so I have to be careful what I eat because it makes it a little better although it doesn't make it go away completely.
    If someone is sick because of the 'healthy' diet they follow, then it's likely they aren't getting enough of one of the food groups. I think something that can be easy to lack when following an extremely healthy diet (which very well might be a vegetarian/vegan) diet, is protein. As long as people are truly educated about nutrition and aware of their body's needs then following a healthy diet shouldn't make someone sick - quite the opposite, in fact.