Can stress bring on early menopause?

1. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

Can stress bring on early menopause?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Stress can cause many problems in our bodies. Menopause, I don't know, but I do know it can interrupt your cycle. Missed periods are common for young women with problems associated with stress. See a doctor. They are the only ones who can tell you if you have begun menopause.

My daughter has always had an irregular cycle where stress was a factor. At the age of 35 she was convinced she was starting menopause partly because I started my changes at the age of 41. I told her I thought 35 was unlikely the age to be concerned with menopause. Sure enough it wasn't menopause at all and I now have another beautiful grandchild to love.

Get checked out by a doctor before giving menopause a thought. Not knowing what is going on with your own body can be scary. When I started mine at 41 I was afraid I was expecting even though I have had an operation to prevent it. Thank God, that wasn't the case. I love the ones I have, but surely knew I could do without another.

3. penlady profile image59
    penladyposted 5 years ago

No, I don't think stress can bring on early menopause. That is determined by your genes. I will tell you this, however, from experience: if you're going through menopause and under stress, it can flare up menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. That is a miserable feeling ... trust me I know!