jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What helps you go to sleep?

1. Flyguy1990 profile image61
    Flyguy1990posted 5 years ago

What helps you go to sleep?

What do you, do to go to sleep.

2. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

If I'm having trouble falling to sleep there are a few things I do that get me tired and conked out in no time~
    1. I run my washer and drier - this might sound odd, but the laundry room is directly below my bedroom.  It makes a "white noise" sound that I find very relaxing.
    2. I write in my notebook.  Sometimes it is a diary entry, sometimes it is a story idea, but getting it out of my head & onto paper clears my thoughts & allows me to rest.
    3. I read - lying in bed with a good book puts me out in under a chapter. 
    4. I snack - I've never had to worry about my weight, so making sure I feel full helps me to rest better.  Usually it is just something simple like 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich or something like that.
    5. I ask my hubby for a back rub.  As long as he can control himself, I can fall asleep without getting woken back up for "play time"... lol

3. securityproducts3 profile image40
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

I drink a glass of warm milk. If that doesnt work I know Im in trouble and i do some homework. Tjat one has never failed.

4. Rajan Dhir profile image72
    Rajan Dhirposted 5 years ago

Music does the trick for me. I start feeling at peace. It is like taking a trip back to the memory lane. Thank you.

5. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

Active relaxation is very helpful. Contract then relax each muscle in your body in turn, from ankles to head. Go through the series slowly. Usually, two complete series gets me to sleep.

working