What helps you go to sleep?
What do you, do to go to sleep.
If I'm having trouble falling to sleep there are a few things I do that get me tired and conked out in no time~
1. I run my washer and drier - this might sound odd, but the laundry room is directly below my bedroom. It makes a "white noise" sound that I find very relaxing.
2. I write in my notebook. Sometimes it is a diary entry, sometimes it is a story idea, but getting it out of my head & onto paper clears my thoughts & allows me to rest.
3. I read - lying in bed with a good book puts me out in under a chapter.
4. I snack - I've never had to worry about my weight, so making sure I feel full helps me to rest better. Usually it is just something simple like 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich or something like that.
5. I ask my hubby for a back rub. As long as he can control himself, I can fall asleep without getting woken back up for "play time"... lol
I drink a glass of warm milk. If that doesnt work I know Im in trouble and i do some homework. Tjat one has never failed.
Music does the trick for me. I start feeling at peace. It is like taking a trip back to the memory lane. Thank you.
Active relaxation is very helpful. Contract then relax each muscle in your body in turn, from ankles to head. Go through the series slowly. Usually, two complete series gets me to sleep.
by rlaha6 years ago
What do you do when you can't sleep and you know you need to wake up early the next morning?
by alqx7 years ago
I suppose many people do this. Sometimes before I go to sleep I feel a little hungry so I eat a few biscuits or cookies. Is that bad, or will it cause weight gain? Maybe it's because I have higher than normal metabolism?
by Sid Kemp6 years ago
What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?Sometimes, I just can't unwind at night. I'd especially appreciate natural remedies and things that are easy to do when I'm restless.
by akuigla7 years ago
How to provide to self a good night sleep?Do you eat light dinner?Few glasses of good wine?Sex?Cup of tea?
by L. Caulton (Author L.L.CAULTON)7 months ago
When your wide awake and cant get to sleep, whats the best way to make yourself fall alseep?
by Susan Britton6 years ago
Do you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? What can you try to over come this condition?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.