Have any of you done a liver cleanse before?

1. Cait Stenz profile image61
    Cait Stenzposted 5 years ago

Have any of you done a liver cleanse before?

I'm skeptical when it comes to cleanses in the first place, but I was wondering if any of you have had a positive or negative experience to share. Always best to have advice before jumping into something head first, as they say. Thanks everyone!

2. msperfecthealth profile image81
    msperfecthealthposted 5 years ago

Hello Cait.  I have helped people through liver cleansing and have done them myself.  There are kits and packaged typed liver cleanses out there, but basically the liver is cleansed and maintained when you eat fresh green vegetables.  Good ways of cleansing using foods are to go on a juice fast using green leafy vegetables such as wheat grass, broccoli, kale, chard, spinach, nettles and apples.  I know, apples don't fall into the category of green leafy veg, but they also help the liver and kidneys.  Also, fresh lemon in hot water for your first morning drink assists the liver.  In addition, herbs such as milk thistle and dandelion cleanse and strengthen the liver. 

If you are going to do a liver cleanse I would do it between 1-7 days and no more.  If you have skin issues such as eczema or psoriasis then you could do the cleanse for a little longer, but these foods and herbs are very cooling for the body and should only be taken for a short amount of time.

Reason's for doing a liver cleanse are to improve the skin, if your on medication and if you have bouts of anger or extreme mood swings.

But, you need to avoid or greatly eliminate substances that aggravate the liver such as alcohol, caffeine, medication, chemicals and sugar.

If you aren't on medication and don't drink a lot of alcohol you can keep the liver in good shape if you include your green leafy vegetables in your daily meals.

3. profile image49
    daniel Haldinposted 5 years ago

I've tried lemon juice cleanses. I didn't notice much difference. I was thinking about trying the technique shown in this video about doing a liver cleanse. I'll let you know if it works... http://wieight-loss-flf.blogspot.com