jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do the chemicals in hairsprays and shampoos,affect peoples health?

1. greencha profile image72
    greenchaposted 4 years ago

Do the chemicals  in hairsprays and shampoos,affect peoples health?

Are all the chemicalised sprays /shampoos used in hairdressers ,affecting people's health in the longterm including  stripping out the natural oils in the hair?

2. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

Many chemicals used in toiletries are potentially carcinogenic, particularly when several are used together. Some are known to be irritants and will affect people with sensitive skin. We absorb around 40% of any product left on our skin so many people (including me) now try to use only products that are as benign as possible. But toiletries are not nearly as well regulated as food, so something that claims to be natural or organic isn't necessarily! Careful label reading and research is a must.
    (I've written a few hubs about this subject.)

greenchaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou melovy

3. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 4 years ago

Yes, many of the chemicals in personal grooming and cosmetic products cause harm to people's health. Many have colorings, preservatives, and fragrances that irritate people's bodies internally and externally. Further, many people don't seem to understand that many of these chemicals can actually be breathed in and cause internal damage or cause allergic reactions, sometimes severe (even from things such as automatic dishwasher detergent).

Many chemicals used in fragrances are carcinogenic and otherwise toxic but millions of uninformed people value a particular scent over their own health and that of those around them. For example, people shave (causing cuts visible and not so) their underarms or legs then coat these cuts with fragrance and chemical laden deodorants or body lotions.

Fragrances and other chemicals have always made me sneeze and wheeze since I was a little girl, as I learned more about the everyday chemicals we can choose not to be in contact with, I began to understand why.

Thanks Express10. Why can't our Governments take the moral high ground and start banning all this crap? Regards C

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Yes! Most chemical products these days are poisonous. Most, if not all, packaged food products contain poisons.

Beef has been said to be carcinogenic, but that's a lie. It's the hormones and other chemical junk injected into the cows that cause cancer.

Sunlight dangerous? Bunk! It's the sun tan lotion cooking in UV that creates carcinogenic conditions.

Fluoride in toothpaste is highly poisonous. Stay away from it. One pea-sized drop of it can kill you, if swallowed. And fluorides are cumulative in the body.

This video gives a lot of information. Double check the facts. Do your own research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnaBG177VIw

1. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you but the problem is that many people are too lazy to do their own research and think as long as it can be purchased, it's safe.

2. greencha profile image72

Hi there lone77star,thanks this is very interesting,but worrying.Many regards.

working