jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Sudden back pain?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 4 years ago

Sudden back pain?

I never had lower back pain like I have right now. This morning, I bent over to reach something from under the sink and a sharp pain shot from my lower back down my left leg. I have had this sever pain all day. It hurts to sit, walk, stand. I am not sure what to do. Could turning or bending wrong cause this? I am very gassy for some reason as well, not sure if that is related but it feels like it is. I don't have the money or insurance to visit a doctor so please give me some ideas on what it can be and how I can do self help. I am only 25 as well.

2. Dr. Aaron LeBauer profile image72
    Dr. Aaron LeBauerposted 4 years ago

It sounds like you just strained or pulled a muscle in your back.  Bending and twisting at the same time while lifting something is a common cause, other times it's just comes from no where.  the best thing to do is continue with your normal daily activities.  Lay on a ball, do some gentle stretches and if you go see a medical professional, see a physical therapist 1st.  I made a hub that describes exactly what to do when a person has back pain so you should check it out.
    http://dr-aaron-lebauer.hubpages.com/hu … easy-steps

1. ii3rittles profile image83
      ii3rittlesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info!

2. Dr. Aaron LeBauer profile image72
      Dr. Aaron LeBauerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

you're welcome. please let me know if you have any further questions.
      Dr. LeBauer

working