jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Dream Interpretation : Do you believe that dreams have deeper meanings in our li

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Dream Interpretation : Do you believe that dreams have deeper meanings in our lives?

Is it the unconscious fears, wants and desires?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes, I agree, to a point. Everyone has different dreams because we all think differently from each other. So asking someone to help you understand your dreams can most of the time cause disaster. When analyzing my dreams, I still don' t know why people always chase me, but I can usually understand the meaning of my dreams.

3. celafoe profile image56
    celafoeposted 5 years ago

Dreams come from two  places only.  From God or from much activity ( you and your thoughts , etc.)  A dream from you has no value.    A dream from God is very very important, it is a message from Him.

4. aikikenjitsu profile image60
    aikikenjitsuposted 5 years ago

I’m seventy and I’ve researched every thing from God to dreams and I can tell you that dreams are just that—dreams! They are memories from your day. I had a bad child hood and so I dreamt about freedom. I could fly, or I would dream about dangerous creatures coming  for me. My fear of childhood was expressed in dreams. As for dreams being sent by God, that’s ridiculous. If you want to believe in that, that’s fine, doesn’t hurt anyone but you, but there is no proof that dreams are from God trying to communicate.

Your dreams express who you are and how your life is going. They have nothing to do with God. In fact, there is no influence on earth from God. But as for just dreams, if they’re good, just enjoy them. Recently a lady that was blinded when in her early twenties said  that dreams were the only times that she was happy. In her dreams she could see everything in color and she could fly. Then she woke up to blackness. Appreciate your dreams, but they are only memories from your day. When you sleep, your control over things relax and thoughts scatter and turn into dreams.

1. celafoe profile image56
      celafoeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually wise one.I do have scripture also that nightmares also can come from God..  Big deal & I am 75 that just means we are old. believe what you want, PS when You meet God at the judgement tell Him He had no influence He can use a laff

2. aikikenjitsu profile image60
      aikikenjitsuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

5. Amber Vyn profile image61
    Amber Vynposted 5 years ago

I'm an avid oneironaut, and I think lucid dreaming has made my life better.

However, at this point, we're pretty clear on what's happening when we dream. It's very rare that we can know in advance the experiences and information that is going to be important for our lives. Dreaming is our brain's filing system, integrating some memories and discarding others.

But that doesn't change the fact that dreams are experienced as real events. Only the conscious you can decide when or if they have a deeper meaning.

6. joyce31202 profile image77
    joyce31202posted 4 years ago

A dream can be unconscious fears and desires. I had a dream several years ago about being on a trapeze swinging back and forth and I was not able to get off. This represented how I felt that I had an impossible situation I was in and I couldn't do anything about it. Of course I was to admit this to my self as I awoke. I stopped having that dream. Another time however, I had a dream that I considered to be a 'vision'. In this one, I saw a hand of this lady at the church I attended. She had money in it. She was to pay for my breakfast that following Sunday morning. I saw this in that dream the night before. So dreams can also have a deeper meaning. They can predict future happenings or unconscious fears, etc.. They can also be very comical, about nothing in particular.