jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is Dimethyltripamine?

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

What is Dimethyltripamine?

I understand that this is a drug that naturally occurs in production within the bodies of all humans, other animals, and plants. I understand that some plants, animals and people produce higher quantities of DMT, and it is completely healthy for your body (brain's pineal gland) to produce DMT and release it during sleep, death, near death experiences, etcetera. However, is it okay to consume the substance from outside sources? I understand that our bodies produce and arrange proteins just as we consume such substances, but is okay to consume such molecular substances that naturally occur?

2. L.L. Woodard profile image76
    L.L. Woodardposted 4 years ago

I had never heard of this substance, but apparently it is used by teenagers and others seeking hallucinogenic effects. It is a Schedule 1 drug, which means it is an illegal substance.

I found some information here: http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/st … rmful-drug

I hope that helps.

3. Glasso profile image60
    Glassoposted 4 years ago

Our bodies are quite sophisticated. When person intakes substances which are naturally produced from outside sources, their body will stop producing them. Production of any compound substance requires a lot of energy, While outside intake does not. Our bodies will stop produce DMT naturally. In addition DMT is illegal in some countries.

4. Brandon E Newman profile image70
    Brandon E Newmanposted 4 years ago

Dimethyltrypamine is naturally broken down by an enzymatic reaction involving mono-amine oxidase. Drugs and naturally occurring substances known as MAOIs, can allow DMT to cross the blood-brain barrier. It is a very reactive molecule and easily destroyed. Thus Ingesting DMT orally will have no marked effects unless a MAOI  is used as well.Read the wiki for DMT, and Ayahuasca, There is also an interesting documentary titled "DMT the spirit molecule." Watch that. You will find tthe answer on your own. DMT is supposedly the most powerful psychoactive chemical known, capable of producing profound otherworldly experiences that could potentially drive you insane, so be careful.

working