Do you have ADD or ADHD and what symptoms does your behavior show.

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

Do you have ADD or ADHD and what symptoms does your behavior show.

How old were you when you were diagnosed? Is your life like sunlight and flowers after finding it out?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7924404_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Zoning out, easily distracted, difficulty focusing, sometimes over-look details, can listen to a conversation while making observations about something near. Trouble finishing projects, frequently forgetting appointments (everything needs to be written down), trouble staying motivated (I have counteracted against this!). Racing thoughts, gets bored easy, needs a reason to do anything, talking a lot, a million things to do at once.
    Self diagnosed after taking a psychology course, then diagnosed the next year at 20 yrs old by a professional. I've always known.
    http://www.helpguide.org/mental/adhd_ad … mptoms.htm

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

I was actually officially diagnosed at 14. Suspected looooong before that, but my mom was dead-set against me being medicated that young. After diagnosis, I was on meds for three years. Now I've been off medication for 10 years after completely re-ordering my life to work with it. Mainly, I have sporadic/disordered thought, inability to concentrate with the potential to flip to hyper-focusing on the strangest things at the strangest times, petit mal seizures (took a while to figure that one out, almost all conscious absence), mood swings with frequent "manic flight," hmm....those are the most prominent. There are some lesser symptoms, but none that cause as much trouble. Thankfully, my dear husband can laugh off the "butterflies in my head" most of the time tongue.

I was actually surprised to find out that symptoms often get worse in adulthood, yet so many still consider it a childhood disorder thanks to gross over-diagnosis. As to your second question -- no, no sunlight and flowers any more than usual smile. It is nice knowing where some of this crap comes from, though -- namely when I'd be certain I was listening to someone, then had no idea what they'd said at the end of it.

working