jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What are some herbal/natural plant-based remedies that I can grow at home?

1. Cas Merchant profile image59
    Cas Merchantposted 4 years ago

What are some herbal/natural plant-based remedies that I can grow at home?

I recently found out that chewing mint leaves actually helps get rid of heartburn. I now have a mint plant at home for this reason. What are some other natural remedies for everyday use that I can grow indoors?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7959837_f260.jpg

2. SkincareExpert1 profile image60
    SkincareExpert1posted 4 years ago

Get yourself an aloe plant. I'm serious, it can be used for a lot of different things, especially burns. It's a great anti inflammatory, it's antiseptic, anti microbial, a local pain reliever, and it significantly reduces heal time.

Cas Merchantposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow...thanks! I had no idea it did all that!

3. Psychikscy profile image59
    Psychikscyposted 4 years ago

This depends on what the environment is like inside.  You can grow almost any herb in pots if you have a sunny balcony or patio.  Those include Basil, Mint, Lemon Balm, Parsley, Cilantro, Rosemary, and many others. If you are growing completely inside, Alfalfa sprouts are something almost anyone can do.  You can get a sprouting kit at most health food stores as well as seeds.  These sprouts contain many B vitamins, therefore are good for anemia.  They also contain vitamin K, vitamin C, proteins, and calcium.  They are good for lowering bad cholesterol and provide a great source of dietary fiber.  Aloe Vera is a common succulent that can be grown in a sunny window.  It's gel can be a first aid for burns and it can juiced by simmering the leaves for acid reflux, ph balance, or other stomach issues.  Hibiscus is a small tree that can be grown inside.  The flowers dried make a flavorful tea and are especially good for heart health.   A variety of Jasmine can grow inside but often likes some fresh air in a sunny area. It has flowers that if dried and made in a tea are good for relaxation and depression.

Thanks! I had no idea you could grow things like Hibiscus indoors.

4. skgrao profile image77
    skgraoposted 4 years ago

Curry Plant,Basil Plant, Coriander Plant,Neem Tree, Tomato Plant,Chilly Plant,Aloe Vera Plant,Plectranthus amboinicus Plant,Spanieh Plant,Lemon Plant etc etc you can have a garden of these and many more if you take interest and Search Google on Herbal Plants.

Cool. Really, I would like to get rid of the bottles in my medicine chest and try going natural!

5. Hariom Singhal profile image59
    Hariom Singhalposted 4 years ago

I think basil and aloe should be planted.

working