jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is marijuana worse than alcohol?

1. profile image71
    gsurvivorposted 4 years ago

Is marijuana worse than alcohol?

2. dianetrotter profile image73
    dianetrotterposted 4 years ago

I don't think it is any worse than alcohol.  Kids come to school high and still function - not that I condone it.  Drunk drivers have killed enough people for MADD to exist.  I don't know of anyone who has killed anyone driving under the influence of MJ.  Probably it has happened but we never hear about it.

Drunks go through a pathetic stage and think they can drive.  People on MJ want to chill.

1. profile image71
      gsurvivorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right about driving - it's much more dangerous to get behind the wheel drunk than high, not that anyone should do either of the two, right? smile

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

This is actually a trick question. Both are extremely bad.  Both. There is no reason to compare. The best thing about our lives is a having clear heads and control over our wills.  Alcohol and marijuana both take away the power of the soul. Think of it this way: The soul drives the brain and body. Why give the soul a perfectly wonderful brain and body to drive just to muck them up with substances. To me, both substances enable self induced mental retardation.  Do You really want to be mentally retarded?????? Well, DO YOU?   It seems we recover from these substances... but DO WE?   It may be that every time we take either of these substances it weakens the brain and weakens the body. I say... value what God gave you. Cherish it. Love God and respect what he HAS MADE: YOU!

1. Jewels profile image84
      Jewelsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well said, and of course you'd have to include anti depressant medications in this too.  They are also taking away the power of the soul, as you put it.  Numbing down feelings and emotions by chemicals is taking away the power of the soul. :-)

2. profile image71

Not too much into God and faith, but you did make some fair points there smile

4. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 4 years ago

This is a loaded topic.  To be honest if my father was as high on marijuana as he was drunk on alcohol I'd be no better off being brought up by him. 

It's all about how it's used and both substances are open to abuse.  When irresponsible people dumb their brains with either substance - well lets just hope they're not in charge of people who are relying on them for security.

Both substances have a place in the world.  It's been proven that cannabis has major health benefits.  Alcohol has major benefits also.  I personally believe cannabis is not in mainstream use because of commercial interests.  As you are no doubt aware the species of hemp used for oil, clothing, paper, bldg industry, and food is different to the mind altering cannabis that has been blamed as the main reason it's illegal.  But of course governments keep y'all ignorant and dumbed down by those chemicals in crap food that the majority of tv watchers don't know that.

Pot smokers are the minority and I don't really care if you bong yourself to nirvana.  But if we could all stay sane for a day and get this hemp product back into mainstream production for bio-fuel and all the other wonderful uses it has, the world would be a better place.

1. profile image71

Thank you for an insightful answer, couldn't agree more. smile

5. Solaras profile image98
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

Pot makes people apathetic; they smoke from first thing in the morning to the end of the day and just don't care whether they get their homework or job done. But they still are able to go through the motions and stay active in society in a dumbed down way.

A person drinking alcohol from morning to midnight cannot function in society, and within a few short years will have major heath problems.  Serious drunks tend to fall down a lot, have car accidents and of course liver cirrhosis.  Pot smokers tend to just chillout or go to sleep when they have overindulged.

On balance when someone is going to habitually overuse, I think pot is the better way to go for them and society.

1. profile image71

Yes, as far as the overuse is considered, pot is probably better

6. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

Anything, in excess that cannot be self controlled is a bad as the next thing. If you are talking about physical damage, my considered opinion is that ETHO is more damaging dose for dose than cannabis smoke, but the smoke of cannabis, carrying more benzopyrenes (cancer causing agents) than tobacco can do real damage as well. As I said, moderation.

1. profile image71

Exactly, self-control comes first with both things. smile

working