Is Marijuana the greatest conspiracy of our 21st century?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (55 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 10 years ago

No country has yet legalized marijuana, almost half of the world’s 147 nations have, to some extent, decriminalized it. Most people In North American are in favors of legalization, most politicians do not, since America’s 1937 worldwide legalizing.. Most powerful groups of enforcement agencies and lobbyist are, the alcohol and tobacco industries, pharmaceutical Forestry, oil, and cotton, companies and the prison-industrial complex. Not to mention 50,000 other product cannabis makes, Marijuana is a slang name from the Mexican drug. Lawyers and cartels win most when the War on Drugs is 1000 for Drugs and 1 for the People.

Cannabis is the most important plant on earth and the green power is the greatest people power for the people. Why is synthetic corporatism taking over us and repeatedly shaping our laws and public opinion to reflect their views.

My second choice of greatest conspiracy is the light-bulb conspiracy, what two are yours?

Castlepalomaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Come on folks.

Pot is the next gay marriage, we are slowly winning our rights to love people and plants again.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you really equating the denial of marriage to a loved one with the love of a drug to mess up the functions of the mind?  Really?

I would not equate the phyical damages of cannabis to alcohol,  tobacco and pharmaceutical and worst prison-industrial complex.  All things in morderation of drugs, cannabis is a much safer drug than those 3 with far more benifits than any other plant on the planet.

Cannabis and who you love after the age of 21 of the existing laws is far more damage than good. At least treat cannabis laws as well as tobacco, in which tobacco has no benifet.

"cannabis is a much safer drug than those 3"

Really?  How many pot smokers have gone through, say, 40 joints per day for 40 years?  What were the results?  How does it compare to the cigarette smoker doing the same thing (of which we have millions of examples)?  You shouldn't make claims you cannot back up, including the ridiculous one (again) of being the most important plant in the world.

"tobacco has no benifet" - you obviously are not a tobacco user.  As an ex, long term, user, I can assure that statement is no true.  But I do think that the laws (for now) should be equivalent to alcohol.  Not tobacco; ethanol.  I would not work next to someone high any more than I would someone drunk, nor would I ride in the car with a driver on weed.

2. profile image59
          retief2000posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What does love have to do with marriage?

LOL, they will have equal problems

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

what is the light bulb conspiracy?

light bulb conspiracy started with Edison first light bulb to last for a 100 years.Planned Obsolescence” – a policy of deliberately designing a product that has a limited life span, so that consumers are forced to replace it after a short period of time.This is great for manufacturers as it keeps the economic machine chugging along with repeat sales, but what about the ecological and social costs of having to replace, and the waste to our naturaul enviorment. Then later effect our throw away atiitute and throw away relationships.

Apple iPad1 with iPad2 when you were just beginning to get comfortable with the former?

3. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know... lettuce is pretty important.

1. profile image59
        retief2000posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would say hops are pretty important.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Would you smoke, lettuce?

Smoke anything it can harm you

4. profile image51
      tbHistorianposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Curse -
      The shell I have found is mostly abound with the horrid evil I most fear.
      It does not provide the glorious space where I find that soothing is near.
      The frightful features I dread so much, are bounding through my mind.
      They play with my dire youth and innocence forcing a continual grind.
      The cruel idols of the midway blind, boast about a drab and dismal light.
      When my desire for covering, is a festive beam that flows ultra-bright.
      The demented casing that the habitation drugs place on my atmosphere.
      Fill me with now agony temperament, one that says, I wish I were not here.
      My curse is that of a fanatic student, addict, disciple, and lover of a snort.
      This shell is a voodoo bout, far from reality, an awful deceitful creed sort. 
      A place where monsters live and sport within my cranial thermosphere.
      Ultraviolet shuttles raging above a layer of spinal altitude accord of sphere.
      Cranium emerges violently, employing  headlong braced skull-bone brutality.
      Awakening anatomical swarms in hollows exposing barberry cruel cavity. 
      Architecturally it molds capricious circles branding plural misleading decay.
      Prevaricator not lineage nor persevere, there be, my shell is the curse I say.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

I think the biggest conspiracy is the conspiracy of ignoring the really important issues, such as the fact that we live in an unsustainable society that will most likely fail, sooner rather than later, in favor of focusing on less important issues such as pot and gay marriage.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that similar to what Henny Penny was saying? Can you deal with any big issue without dealing with the details?

GA

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

First you have to have a plan of action before you can start dealing with the details.

And before you can even start thinking about making a plan, you have to get enough people (and the government itself) to even agree there's a problem to begin with.

We know what the major problems are, but people aren't looking at the situation as a whole. World over population, limited resources, etc. These are the big issues, but people won't look at what these things together MEAN.

Basically, the end of civilization as we know it, if we don't start doing something about it while we still can.

You can't start from the bottom up, with minor details of a much larger, disastrous problem.

You have to start from the top down, solve the big issues first, iron out the details second.

janesix

With  you on dealing with major things first.

janesix
            Have been thinking about the overpopulation conspiracy. Often the religious think abortion is the greatest mass murder on earth today. When I try to discuss it often enough they want to tear my head off, a birth is a mirricals  many say. Except when we over populate and become criminal like rat race and then the land, air, water and jobs become unsustainable. Anyone that dissents or that tries to rebel the system is sent off for “re-education”. Much of the population have been herded into tightly constricted cities which are run much like prisons.

3. profile image51
    tbHistorianposted 10 years ago

The principal psychoactive constituent within the cannabis plant renders the user incapable of making sensible decisions when reacting to normal situations.  Adding this risk to the environment requires much research that will bring forth truth about the criminal actions, evil situations, and any accidents as a result from the use of the drug.
    However, those who wish to support the legalization of the drug do not want to allow the truth to be provided as it would deter many who may currently believe the drug to be nothing more than an equal to alcohol.
    Few reports have been recorded correctly when encountering criminal and accidental actions that resulted from the drug use.  During a normal traffic stop for example, the police do not ask if the driver may have used marijuana prior to or during driving.  However, when surveying individuals who use the drug, 80% admit to driving under the influence.
    The problem is not the drug, but the drug war.   Like the unhidden results of years of cigarette smoking, the true results of damage to the body from marijuana only shows up as the individual ages.  One major medical factor is the extreme damage to the lungs resulting from continual use of the drug.  This then also affects the brain as the drug deposits settle into the human cells.  The overarching impact is loss of mental capacity within the individual.  The younger the individual begins using the drug, the greater the mental capacity loss.
    Education is the key - the adults must deny the use or the society will fail.

Society won't fail because a few people like to get stoned. That's a bit over dramatic.

Society will probably fail, but it won't be due to pot heads.

1. profile image51

Society will fail because while a few people like to get stoned, they present a greater risk to the whole than the whole can sustain.  Much like the welfare-slavery growing uncontrollably within the society, the "few people" will grow as younger individuals are coerced to join the "stoned" scene.
        Societies fail due to the evil embraced by a few - that is incorrectly tolerated by the remaining populous.
        Like a cancer in the body, getting stoned destroys the society one individual family at a time.

No, societies fail due to the majority of people thinking only of themselves, and not the future of their own society. They fail to make reasonable plans for the future that will create a sustainable society.

There have been very long lived societies, like the early Chinese and early Egyptians, who did just that, and their societies lasted for thousands of years. They of course degenerate over time due to various reasons.

And I'm not saying any particular long lived society is necessary the best one possible, but at least they managed to sustain themselves for quite a while.

Societies also fail due to other reasons beyond their control, such as natural disasters or war.

But not pot.

1. profile image51

degenerate begins with reduced mental capacity.
            the prior societies you describe failed due to the elimination of slavery when the oppressed individuals decided to challenge the ruling class.
            pot is the ruination of the individual and will ruin the society through ruination of the family.
            currently this is seen as babies are born addicted to drugs that the adults used, including pot.
            currently 30% of babies born today show some influence from drug use by the adults birthing them.
            According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "1 baby is born each hour with signs of drug dependence".
            According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "the number of newborns diagnosed with the syndrome has increase five-fold in the last six years".
            babies typically perpetuate society, but many drug babies die early in childhood and younger than peers overall.
            therefore, fewer individuals remain in society to overcome the failure that is inevitable from other outside sources.
            so, even though the final failure comes from outside, it is the illegal use of drugs that created the ability for the outside sources to force the failure.
            anyone who wishes to see this in action can drive through any ghetto and see the results of internal illegal use and external forced failure.
            the USA government has created this catastrophe for many that are caught up in the welfare-slave environment.

What you aren't seeing is that drug use is only one small factor, with the worst of the problem of drugs stemming from other things entirely.

POT is not a core issue of what's making society fail. It is merely a smallish symptom of it.

1. profile image51

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8768589_f248.jpg
                POT is the core issue - it degrades the intelligence of the individual.
                The degenerate individual degrades society.

There no proof of this,
                  They tried this kind of marijuana propaganda film in school.
                  One was  throwing an egg into hot frying pan and said- this is what your brains look like on marijuana.
                  In the 60s it took me 6 joints just to get high

If we took 1/2 of the wars budget , war on drug budget and prison complex system budget . Then put it towards education and treatment, most of the problem would be solved. But that would be too intelligent, lets hire another corporation meat puppy to lead us in solving very little. My trust in the majority of the public's consciousnesses and Global opinion,  the other super power. Yes folks, we must take care of the big things and let the Government take care of the little things like protecting us, not owning us with their wall street criminals.

Cannabis is second to soya for food value.

Drug Imprisonment and drug wars budget are 10 times greater than the education and treatment of drugs. Meaning big brother is causing more harm than good.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

MJ isn't even close to being the most important plant, this is probably pasture grass, or arguably corn. Food is a more vital human need than getting high. Nor is how legal a recreational drug is all that important. Drug cartel get their money and power from harder drugs.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I balked at that too, lol. My guess for the #1 crop was wheat, but you're right, it's corn.  This is the top 10 list from business insider.

1. Corn
      2. Wheat
      3. Rice
      4. Potatoes
      5. Cassava
      6. Soybeans
      7. Sweet Potatoes
      8. Sorghum
      9. Yams
      10. Plantains
      http://www.businessinsider.com/10-crops … 011-9?op=1

Why would the federal Government list marijuana as a crop, it's against their special interest and corporate buddies

Marijuana is the top agricultural cash crop in the world,an agriculture production tops profiting in the farm World. Cannibis is even listed on the world wide wall steet market exchange/

Link, please?  Because I find that maize, rice and wheat all top it in tonnage.  Remove the artificially high price by legalizing it and the "value" will drop precipitously.

2. wilderness profile image94

Where is the humble (but large) tree?  Not food, but certainly a valuable plant, and harvested in more tonnage than any other plant.

I tried myself to grow hemp lumber 4 time faster and cheaper than trees. Yet because of the marijuana open growth and cross breeding, I could not, it's not just the justice system.

Hemp lumber.  As in 2X6's?  Or for paper pulp?

I've built three sustainable artist mini homes. The last project was a 2 years Government grant with only a water hookup and live in it for 2 years. It was design to be affordable to 90% of the public and 95% Green living.
              Was shut down due too many logistic problems

Hemp was one of those problem
              Hemp can be made into any building material, including fiberboard, roofing, flooring, wallboard, caulking, cement, paint, paneling, particleboard, plaster, plywood, reinforced concrete, insulation, insulation panels, spray-on insulation, concrete pipes, bricks, and biodegradable plastic composites which are tougher than steel.

A mixture of hemp hurd wood chip-like substance. Amazingly these structures continue to stand from the 6th century hemp-reinforced bridge in France and hemp foundation walls are as strong as stone.

Hemp foundation walls are 7 times stronger than concrete foundations,

Now hemp cannot be made into concrete, although it CAN certainly be added to concrete - anything can.  But if you think hemp can become concrete, what is the chemical "setting" reaction, making it into stone?

Similarly, hemp can be added to anything, but made into asphalt shingles? How do you turn hemp into asphalt?  Or paint?  Plastic, especially biodegradable plastic tougher than steel?

Methinks you would make a great PR man for hemp, but without much real truth.  Just spin and sales talk.

I walk my talk, yet like anyone do make mistakes along the way.
                  I've won 182 international awards among 8 different sculpture medians and broke 21 world records for natural structures. Just to say, I'm very good at what I do and intimate about 3D material.
                  I studied hemp for 40 years and their is no other plant material under the sun that is more diverse or productive.

It was Cities and towns up and down the northern seacoast can boast that boats built and maintained with hemp were one of the primary factors influencing America's independence from Britain's tyranny. By sharing this information with you, we may be able to once again determine how humanity can become independent of the current tyrants of petroleum, pollution, and poverty.

What in the world does building boats from hemp have to do with turning hemp into concrete or asphalt?  Or biodegradable plastic tougher than steel?  Or plaster, including a chemical setting action similar to cement?

5. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 10 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8764986_f248.jpg

Yeah, what is the reason why some don't want to legalize a drug like Marijuana? It has to be a conspiracy of some sort because what harm can come from consuming marijuana?

The immediate effects of taking marijuana include rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, often followed by depression or sleepiness. Some users suffer panic attacks or anxiety. No big deal, some prescription drugs can do the same.

According to scientific studies, the active ingredient in cannabis, THC, remains in the body for weeks or longer. Hey, more time to feel good!

Marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract. Well, don't have to spend any more money on cigarettes now!

The drug can affect more than your physical health. Studies in Australia in 2008 linked years of heavy marijuana use to brain abnormalities. This is backed up by earlier research on the long-term effects of marijuana, which indicate changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term abuse of other major drugs. And a number of studies have shown a connection between continued marijuana use and psychosis. Glad I live in the US, I can now go on disability and not have to work.

Marijuana changes the structure of sperm cells, deforming them. Thus even small amounts of marijuana can cause temporary sterility in men. Marijuana use can upset a woman’s menstrual cycle. Sterility? Ok with me, I don't want no kids and a few less menstral cycles can't be a bad think where I come from...yo,yo!

Studies show that the mental functions of people who have smoked a lot of marijuana tend to be diminished. The THC in cannabis disrupts nerve cells in the brain affecting memory. Oh come on man, you can't dumb down society any more than our education system and the government already has!

Cannabis is one of the few drugs which causes abnormal cell division which leads to severe hereditary defects. A pregnant woman who regularly smokes marijuana or hashish may give birth prematurely to an undersized, underweight baby. Over the last ten years, many children of marijuana users have been born with reduced initiative and lessened abilities to concentrate and pursue life goals. Studies also suggest that prenatal (before birth) use of the drug may result in birth defects, mental abnormalities and increased risk of leukemia1 in children. Are you kiddin? we legalized abortion just for that reason, got it covered bro!

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Marijuana is also known as the gateway drug.  The majority of drug addicts started with marijuana.  I am totally against the legalization of marijuana, it can only led to more troubles.  Scientific evidence have proven that marijuana today is more dangerous than it was in the 1960s   What are people thinking in terms of even wanting to legalize marijuana.  Marijuana is not a harmless drug, it is highly potent and can lead to addiction to harder, more dangerous drugs!  In total agreement with Tsadjatko on that one! The downward spiral begins!

The old reefer madness myth that will not die. Marijuana leads to heavier drugs as much as like milk leads to beer.

2. profile image51

the use of marijuana by educators and students has led to the diminished capability of both.  this has then led to further degradation of the nation as those mentally incapable individuals gained foothold in prominent leadership positions.  the USA is struggling from this incapable leadership and so will continue the path of degradation.

6. profile image49
    princessdeficitposted 10 years ago

lol. It is not a conspiracy. Seriously, people that want to do it, will do it whether it is legal or not. Wouldn't you agree? The people I know that smoke it, really don't care about what is right or wrong, and the people who do, don't smoke it anyway. Do you guys really know anyone who was like, "I really want to smoke pot, but gosh darn it, it's illegal, I guess I will have to wait till the gvt passes a law." Umm... no. People are simply complaining about the consequences of getting caught, if they ever do.
    Someone like me will never do it, but I do not feel after a certain age anyone, especially the government, should have any power in decisions you make for yourself. As long as you do not bring harm to others, go ahead and fry your brains out.
    The government should treat it same as alcohol. Enforce laws for driving under the influence, or disorderly conduct, etc. anything that brings harm or inconvenience to others.

7. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 10 years ago

Cannabis user do care if they get locked up and loose jobs possibilities for the rest of their natural lives.

Holistic Evaluation Physician and Licensed Medical Doctor provide alternative options to using pharmaceutical drugs in 20 USA States. If many of you to want to trust cooperationist synthetic drugs, your welcome to  go f---yourself.  Real food is the best medicine anyways and cannabis food and drugs is real.

If you guys got your marijuana information from the Police, youve been duped. I challenge the BC RCMP anywhere - to a debate for example: Does cannabis cause more harm than good? The RCMP do not have the courage or the ethic to face me nor the public because they remind loyal to their corporate paychecks, not the interest of the democracy public. The history of marijuana started out as a racist thing, calling marijuana as a Mexican drug in order to deport Mexican out of USA. They quoted, marijuana cause black men to think they are as good as white men.

"Cannabis user do care if they get locked up and loose jobs possibilities for the rest of their natural lives."

Absolutely.  Just not enough to stop the recreational use.  I know - a person I love dearly has lost several great jobs from testing positive and now works at something far below his capability because they can't find anything else.  Couldn't even report an OTJ accident and get medical care because of the automating testing.  Sure they care - just not as much as blowing their mind apart with the stuff.

8. wrenchBiscuit profile image70
    wrenchBiscuitposted 10 years ago

Castlepaloma,

You have created a very lively discussion with many interesting comments.For you, ...a tasty treat of soy cakes,fava beans,and undistilled sparkling spring water is in order,and well deserved.Here are my thoughts on the issue.

If we use a potato correctly it can sustain life; incorrectly, it will make us fat,and can even shorten our lifespan.Marijuana can affect us in a similar fashion.( Yes! Marijuana can also make you fat)To use Marijuana as a recreational drug is not recommended.It can be harmful to your lungs ,as well as adversly affecting your behavior, your ability to learn,your overall motivation,and one more that many have seemed to miss.There is a myth going around that Marijuana users are more "laid back" and less prone to anger,and violence, than people who drink alcohol. This is only half of the truth,and I have found that many Americans have become very fond of  only "half of the truth", as concerning many topics.

It is true that while smoking Marijuana,an individual is normally very relaxed, and laid back.But in studies I have conducted with myself ,and through the observation of others,I have found that chronic users have a tendency to become very agitated, and quick to anger in-between "doses".Especially during periods of inactivity that have lasted 24 hours or more. I suspect this is due to the process of physical withdrawal.

Over a period of  years, (1984 -1995) I conducted a number of experiments on myself involving Marijuana and Sleep Deprivation; often in conjunction with each other.I will not elucidate my detailed findings here,but I will say: Overall,I have found that unless you are involved in a scientific, philosophical,or spiritual inquiry,the damage you can do to your body through the casual,frequent use of Marijuana,is simply not worth the risk.Having said that,I believe it should be legalized,because I believe an adult should have the freedom to even kill themselves; if that is their true desire. But I also believe that through education ,casual use should be discouraged.Furthermore, save for serious medical usage,I don't believe anyone should be able to publicly promote and profit from any substance like Marijuana, or Tobacco; substances that are non-essential, and that have proven in many cases to be harmful.If someone wants to smoke weeds,simply give them the freedom to grow the weeds themselves.Actually,growing your own is better, because then you can be sure that no harmful chemicals have been added to the mix.

Osiyo!

Osiyo

Good your aware more than most.
      Funny, after winning many international awards for sculpture, my peers asked me :what is your secrete ? Answer- don't do drug and been doing sculpture art longer than any person in these events.

The simply = love what you do and do all things in moderation.

The greatest issue is children doing pot, using pot more than tobacco because they know it's healthier. Saying no, to a child without good reasons make them want it even more. Spending money for honest education and treatment budget vs. a prison complex and 75 year war on drug that keeps expanding is thought less. Yes, I smoke it as a youth and had a very good time and did not kill anyone.

A supreme judge once quoted
      Illegal marijuana is dishonorable to our economy,  health and Civilization

9. psycheskinner profile image83

It may not permanently effect intelligence, but I did find that lecturing to a kid who had been smoking it recently was largely a waste of time.  My advice:smoke it if you want, but *after* class.

Smoking anything is not a good idea and more so for people under age 21. We manage to cut Tobacco in half even when it's being legal in every country in the world, where pot is not legal in every country in the world.

Canadian teens smoke (per capita) twice of much as dutch kids.
      Marijuana is schedule 1 in Canada, Netherlands it's schedule 3
      Cocaine is schedule 2
      Just say no to saying no without reason

10. psycheskinner profile image83

Yes, hemp makes nice stuff. I have a hemp jacket at is happens, it's a bit scratchy.

But acting like it is the number one issues facing planet earth right now is counterproductive.

When 25% of the world's prisons are in the USA where most inmate are over marijuana. Plus more Mexican are killed over the drug war on the USA boarders than killed over their opium in Afghanistan
      Then we have GMO seeds are the same companies that develop and patent the pesticides and herbicides to which the unique seeds are resistant. Monsanto is the largest seed company in the world and owns about 86% of GMO seeds sown globally.

The larger picture is the synthetic corporatism are taking over the most important power to the people, green . Who really cares, go back to bed America,
      For being a strong optimistic, for when the world turns to a toxic hell and our human species go extinct because we are too big for our brains.
      The sky and water will return bluer and the earth returns greener and more species of animal will return even greater than ever.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)