jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How can I lose at least 20 pounds in 3 and a half weeks with just exercise?

1. HarleyBogart profile image53
    HarleyBogartposted 4 years ago

How can I lose at least 20 pounds in 3 and a half weeks with just exercise?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

With just exercise may be almost impossible. I say this because im not sure what your diet is. May I ask what is a typical day of breakfast , lunch , dinner and snacks in between? Keep in mind losing weight is all about calories in vs calories out. I will say if you want to lose weight, HIT ( high intensive training) is the way to go. you can go about this in differnt ways. If you can find a hill that would be best. if not you can just sprint. if you can find a hill you can sprint up the hill and slow jog down it. thats 1 set. do  a total of 8 sets. it doesnt take long and gives amazing results. you can also do this on strait land as long as you sprint. if your able to time yourself you can sprint for 20 seconds and jog for 10. thats 1 set. do 8. this take less than 5 minutes, but is the toughest 5 minute workout i know. you can also go at a slightly slower pace and run for 60 sec, and jog slow or walk for 30 sec. this takes less than 15 minutes but is also very good at losing weight. do this 3 times a week and add some strength training in such as 10x10 of pushups and squats or 10x10 of burpees on the same days you should lose a good amount of wieght. Like I was saying earlier though, diet play a big part.

HarleyBogartposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the answer i will try this. I usually don't eat till dinner but  i don't usually have a snack. I usually don't get out and stuff til like 12:00. I am 12 i am like 5 ft 4 or 5 in and weight 145 sad i don't have any diet involved.

2. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ok. one more thing and this may sound funny. dont go all day without eating. eat a small breakfast, like oatmeal (if you like) and maybe some fruit during lunch if possible. Just small healthy things during the day to keep the metabolism working.

3. HarleyBogart profile image53

Oh okay thank you for your help smile

3. Nose-in-the-News profile image76
    Nose-in-the-Newsposted 4 years ago

If what I have read is correct, and you're only 12 years old then I would definitely not put your body under that kind of intensity. You're a child! Go be a kid and run outside to burn it off. If you want an ice-cream then eat it!

It is actually more unhealthy to lose such a large amount of weight in such a short space of time than it is to stay slightly overweight. I do not know the reason for your wanting to lose this large amount of weight but I do advise against it. I myself have lost 25lbs over the past 18 months and my body is now used to this weight. I do not even have to try and maintain my weight as my body is so used to my calorie intake and normal exercise regime (which isn't a lot!). This is because I lost weight much more slowly.

If you're losing weight for a special occasion, may I recommend that you tell yourself that you are fine the way you are, and that you are only a mere 12 years old and still have a lot of growing to do. Go out and buy something pretty and make yourself feel good that way! yikes)

Thank you big_smile

working