jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Cool, Calm, Composed - Is that the way nature wants us to evolve? Is that the wa

1. VinitaAmrit profile image81
    VinitaAmritposted 4 years ago

Cool, Calm, Composed - Is that the way nature wants us to evolve? Is that the way we are?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

If it is, nature is doing a lousy job. Seems like people are more stressed than ever. Dont believe me, call Time Warner Cable or anyone and try to get a live person, or take a drive on the free way for fun.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 4 years ago

No, I don't think that nature wants us to evolve as cool, calm and composed. How boring! Anyone who has ever felt excitement over an accomplishment, felt love for another, experienced a thrill of participating in a competitive sport, felt anger at an injustice or experienced a myriad of other feelings knows that life is not all about being calm and composed.

At a more basic level, those that are calm and composed would not survive the struggle for basic needs like food and shelter. I agree that periods of restful calm are lovely at times, but without some stress and excitement, life wouldn't be any fun at all.

4. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

No I really do not believe nature intended any of us humans to be, Cool, Calm and Composed. That's something only done well by Actor's and Actresses, playing out a part, or character in a movie. Like Dirty Harry, for example!

For one thing, there are way too many un natural stessor's not caused by Mother Nature and the environment, that can throw our inner, emotional and physical time clocks...Way Off!! And this definitely is not the way nature meant it to be.

5. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, not. Being in a calm, cool, composed state is something most of us have to work at amidst the daily pressures of stress and expectations. I do think it is attainable if we strive for it.

6. VinitaAmrit profile image81
    VinitaAmritposted 4 years ago

Thank you all for your opinions.

Please tell me, if we are not confident or composed - Can we really progress in the outside world?

If that is "not true" then why is every single book I read on self help preaching to be composed and confident within to win the outside world?

working