What makes some people refuse to acknowledge that money is a very highly importa

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

What makes some people refuse to acknowledge that money is a very highly important aspect of life?

There seems to BE so many people who refuse to acknowledge that money is of a very high importance in life whereas it IS.  Money is the difference betwwen having a life full of choices and opportunities and/or just living a subsistent existence, struggling from day to day. Wiithout money, where would YOU be.   When will people realize that money is indeed VERY important.  Nothing is FREE.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8324409_f260.jpg

2. Ranzi profile image75
    Ranziposted 10 years ago

Good question  but with all due respect,  you saying "When will people realise that money is indeed important aspect of life" feels like you are imposing your perceptions and what you think on those people who may not share the same values as yourself.  Do you know what the most important thing to a person dying in a hospital bed at this moment is? Do you know what the most important thing is to a 50 year old women who has lost the love of her life to a younger women? Do you know what's important to an alcoholic who lost all his children in a house fire? Yes sure money might make it a little easier, but even all the money in the world  couldn't help Steve Jobs may he rest in peace.

Now to answer your question, to me, the most important thing in life is having good health. Buying fruits and vegetables and going for a jog don't cost much. At the same time I'm not going to say health should be the important thing for everyone, as a heroine addict might only care about getting his next hit, and a suicidal person couldn't care less and only has dying thoughts and a superficial women might go through so many life threatening plastic surgery procedures in order to look beautiful. But I do respect those who want the finer things in life and work and achieve great wealth and things. We need to appreciate and accept that we all have different values and needs other wise the world would be a messed up place if we were ALL only money hungry.

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
      cat on a soapboxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good points you've made. You are still young. There are older people on fixed incomes who may have to choose dying over living because they can't afford the highs costs of dealing w/ conditions.  Sadly, $ is needed  in our world.

2. Ranzi profile image75
      Ranziposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are young people also dying. Stage4 cancer cannot save even the wealthiest. Some have cured themselves from eating vegetables (balancing ph levels) and mediation . Money may be important to some,but saying its a must for all is a generalisation

3. Efficient Admin profile image85
    Efficient Adminposted 10 years ago

I equate money with well being. I don't need a big fancy house or car. Just comfortable and have enough to make ends meet plus build up a savings for the future. To me a 1200 - 1300 square foot home in a neighborhood where I won't feel threatened in any way is well being and you need enough money to make that happen.  I am not sure why people don't think money is important. My guess is that they never had to live in poverty and never had their basic needs threatened before in their lifetime but that is just a guess.

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer indeed!

2. Efficient Admin profile image85
      Efficient Adminposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow  Thanks!!

4. profile image57
    HundredDollarBillposted 10 years ago

Hey hey hey hold your horses, how do you expect me to answer this interesting question when you already voted for THE BEST ANSWER before I even joined the race.
    sad

Answer it anyway, I LOVE your answers.  Join the question discussion, HunderedDollarBill. With that name, I know your answer WILL be INTERESTING, C'MON now!

5. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8325537_f260.jpg

I believe it is because they are willing to accept the truth -
    And the truth is that some people have a very wonderful lifestyle without money -

?????

2. Efficient Admin profile image85
      Efficient Adminposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Amish people grow their own food and barter within their communities. They also help each other build barns and houses. With all that manpower and community you are correct they don't need a lot of money to make these things happen unlike us.

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Money is definitely important to live a decent life. You need money to eat, to get education, to get health benefits and to have a roof over your head to list the minimum things, for which you need money.
    Yes there are certain things Money cannot buy--Love, Respect, Affection, Emotions to name a few.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 10 years ago

Money is only a symbol of our effort and acumen... plus (sometimes) a bit of luck.
    Money itself isn't evil. Even the Bible says "LOVE of money" is the root of evil, not money, itself. In other words-- selfish greed is a bad thing, but money, can do great things.
    Get out there and work. Make money. Save some, give some, spend some.  Be wise about spending. Use it to make opportunities for yourself and others. Money is only a way of making transactions easier. What you do with it is what counts.
    It's OK to  use some to enjoy some nice things. The nice things you buy are fueling business and the economy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)