Can we elevate the status of water aerobics if the clothing were more distinctiv

1. EZ Swim Fitness profile image83
    EZ Swim Fitnessposted 4 years ago

Can we elevate the status of water aerobics if the clothing were more distinctive?

Water aerobics in recent years has added water shoes for the sake of protection. If we look at all the sports from football to martial arts, to soccer to tennis, to surfing to now stand up paddle boards, every specific "sport" has specific clothing. Would water aerobics be well served to develop a specific swim suit to 1.) define the exercise as a sport 2.) add more functionality rather than adapt sun bathing suits to the fitness activity?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8342414_f260.jpg

2. Efficient Admin profile image94
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Whenever I order a bathing suit online there is a category called "Aquatic Fitness" and those suits state they are chlorine resistant and covers everything properly. I know I prefer a full one piece with a skirt that is snug enough to withstand all the rapid movements I make in the water.  You certainly don't want to wear a flimsy bikini while doing water aerobics. Talk about clothing malfunction.

I hear many fitness experts in my area say water aerobics is an excellent exercise and that it's not just for senior citizens, like many people believe it is geared for but is highly beneficial for people of all ages. I just recently found a pair of water shoes and can't wait to try them at my next water aerobics class.

I believe once clothing manufacturers think there is money to be made in labeling swim clothes specific for water aerobics as a sport, the answer is yes.

working