Do you feel that information overload has caused unnecessary stress to people in

1. gmmurgirl profile image80
    gmmurgirlposted 4 years ago

Do you feel that information overload has caused unnecessary stress to people in the 21st century?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Most definitely. I think it began in the twentieth century. With the advent of TV for sure. The radio and telephone probably were the catalyst. I ponder if hearing the news on the radio during WWII daily and reading it offered more stress at home. Surely it grew from that point with TV, the internet, and today the phenomena of the smart phone, even though related to the internet.

Today it is not uncommon to hear someone allude to a world crisis in a conversation that really was an informal community discussion. How suddenly one jumps from a say a high school adult support group discussion about community news, rumors, and gossip to what is occurring in Afganistan, China, or even the east coast if on the west boggles my mind. Personally I get lost deciding if allegorical of meant to confuse knowingly or unknowingly.

A jump will go from how a child was selected for a school play to how an education system is conducted in another country. If that knowledge was not of avail, would it matter then? I think it is the same with many other subjects like politics, the economy, and more. I think the focus many times becomes far removed. A conflict arrives between what is socially urgent vs. socially important. 

Insert humble opinion disclaimer here while stating this is all pondering . . .

working