jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Work Stress Overload? Someone please help. How do I deal with project deadline

1. eculligan profile image74
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

Work Stress Overload?  Someone please help.  How do I deal with project deadlines that I can't meet?

I have been burnt out for months and the stress is getting worse.  I don't know how to handle the situation like a professional.  My workload is exhausting and they won't hire anyone else.

2. bloominglily profile image61
    bloominglilyposted 7 years ago

The same thing happens to me, take a breath count to ten. Come home, put on pj's and your favorite show

3. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

Seek professional help, quickly, there are several medications that will help you throw this stage, i had a burnout several years ago that evolve to a severe depression, i'm being treated for 2 years now, don't let this happen to you.

4. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

You need to talk to your boss and explain the situation. Highlight the fact that it is making you ill and you'd rather find a solution to managing the workload than become too unwell to work. Also being assertive and saying "no" or saying that the deadline will need to be later than what they've asked for can help you.

5. eculligan profile image74
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

You have all topped the best answers.  I will use the advise from each of you.  I never turn down good advise and believe that I can make it through this because of your help.  Thankyou so much.

Closed to reply

working