jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why am I having serious pain on my navel after six weeks of child birth?

1. profile image71
    Bitten Onceposted 4 years ago

Why am I having serious pain on my navel after six weeks of child birth?

I have gone for  lower abdominal USS, they only indicated a minor cut somewhere, but it was not really specific. the pain is really tearing me.

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Was it an ordinary birth or a caesarian section? I delivered one child via caesarian and experienced a similar pain lower on my stomach, around the horizontal scar. My doctor said it was the ligaments and skin healing and would hurt for some time. She suggested taking vitamin C twice a day and massaging olive oil over the area after I came out of the bath or shower. These things did help in my situation.

1. profile image71
      Bitten Onceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

it was an ordinary birth, the pain is right in the middle of my navel, it looks reddish and very hard. my doctor says it could be a gastric ulcer or a fibrod. The USS said there a mass legion measuring about 66mm.

2. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Goodness gracious. Well, good luck hon. I hope the doc can get you some relief soon!

3. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

go back to your doctor and ask for advice.

1. profile image71
      Bitten Onceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

av been going to the doctor but the doctor is suggesting it could be an abscess due to infection, I don't really know what that means. but I have been placed on an antibiotics, don't know if its really going to help

working