Success that has turned to be a dream.

1. profile image59
    onesmus kiokoposted 4 years ago

Success that has turned to be a dream.

I keep on trying to achieve a goal in life but it's been tough.What should I do?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

Depends on the goal you are trying to set. If I set a goal of walking across the United States, my knees would give out before I got out of Louisiana. Thus, that is not a realistic goal, nor one that accomplishes anything.

I set the goal years ago of being a good newspaper reporter. I think I reached that goal. Have to find other goals after that.

For some people getting up and going to work is a hard goal to meet for a variety of problems. Take each day at a time. Goals can be as simple and as important as being good parents or a good friend. They can be as complex as earning a PhD, climbing a mountain or becoming an astronaut.

Finally, as you age, your goals change.

As a child I wanted to be a baseball player. With my eyesight, I could not catch a fly ball nor could I ever hit the ball with the bat. Had to find a new goal.

Today, my goal is to manage my financial resources, now that I am retired, to write more and finish a book.

You simply have to pick goals that are attainable and have some real meaning to you. Whether you reach the goal is really immaterial. The fact that you have set goals and have put forth a real effort to meet them speaks well for you. The issue may be that you just have not yet found the goals that are best for you.

working