jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favourite motivational quote and has it influenced your life so far

1. Esther  Strong profile image86
    Esther Strongposted 4 years ago

What is your favourite motivational quote and has it influenced your life so far?

2. David Carl profile image70
    David Carlposted 4 years ago

Recently, I read a book by Charles Spurgeon called All of Grace, He wrote about the Bible verse that stated that "while we were yet ungodly, Christ died for us to justify us from sin so that we could have eternal life if we believed in him. He said that if Jesus came to justify the Ungodly, and you know that you are ungodly, then that means Jesus can justify you or in this case me. So, I like that idea, because I can't seem to get past being ungodly. So I like the idea that He loves me anyway.

Esther Strongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks David - It's uplifting to know that we are loved despite not being perfect.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

"Things that happen to you may not be your fault but they are thoroughly your responsibility."

This quote, oddly enough is from Scott Hamilton.  I love it. It reminds me that yes s--t happens and it might not be our fault but we have to step up and take responsibility for ourselves, our lives and our actions.

I hate the blame game in which everything is always someone else's fault.  "He did this to me", "She let that happen," "I didn't know this or that," "Everyone is always out to get me".....STOP,  STEP UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

Esther Strongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's right - blaming, whining and moaning won't get anyone anywhere they want to be.

working