jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can I help and support someone with Bipolar?

1. kikibruce profile image85
    kikibruceposted 4 years ago

How can I help and support someone with Bipolar?

How do I help someone who does not think they have Bipolar, but I think they do?
    What are some places to turn to for help with Bipolar?

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image81
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

No such thing as bipolar, sorry. You putting a label upon them does nothing but make things worse!

If the symptoms to why you think they have this "labelled-condition" is, insomnia, anxiety, depression, it is probably because they have a lead-up to events which grew these emotions, stronger and stronger, and they just need guidance to change those emotions..

If its insomnia, well, that's simple. Everyone pulls all-nighters here and then, it can even be as simple as, having a coffee at night! Or... can be determined by astrology, where, their birth-planet is the moon, and it is known, that those with their planet as the moon, naturally, tend to stay up at night.

Hope that answers your question, and before the critics start bashing, this is called. Welcome to 2014! Wake-up.

1. kikibruce profile image85
      kikibruceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You know, I do agree with you. People throw that word around all of the time and my psychiatrist even says it is a label but that it is not a simple as that. And I agree that there is a lead up to my depression and anxiety. Just wanted answers. Thx.

3. Lori P. profile image86
    Lori P.posted 4 years ago

Here is a website by healthline that has some good info:

http://ask.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder

But label or no label, if there is a clear pattern of manic behavior and depressed behavior, it's time to seek help. Without help, a person can spiral.

Best wishes and thank you for caring.

working