jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you seen the shopping silhouettes?

1. Easy Exercise profile image85
    Easy Exerciseposted 4 years ago

Have you seen the shopping silhouettes?

When I am shopping on line, I have seen silhouettes to help me decide what type of purse I wish to purchase. Since purses run from small to large, the silhouettes help make the decision easier. Which leads me to the real question, why don't medical facilities offer a patient a customized silhouette? Not an x-ray but a silhouette of their body alongside an average body and a very athletic body? So many people are obese but they get there without their doctor telling them the hard truth. A picture - a frank silhouette could save lives and help fight obesity.

2. luvtoowrite profile image43
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

Trust me, one does not need a silhouette to remind a person they have gained too much weight. My favorite jeans let me know me, especially when I can't zip them up.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I have never seen these "shopping silhouettes" but even so, I fail to see how they could be useful from a medical standpoint. ????

4. Cameron Corniuk profile image88
    Cameron Corniukposted 4 years ago

I don't see needing a picture of any form from the doctor. If someone wants to go to a doctor that's not going to be honest with them, so be it. I was putting on some pounds and my doctor told me "You're fat." He was right about that, but ended up being wrong about the cause. I know that whenever I get paperwork from the doctor unless it is a script or something for work/legal reasons, it pretty much goes right in the trash after I have reviewed it. I don't see how a printed silhouette would be any different. I'm also not sure how a silhouette shopping image is any better than a model. Neither of these really provides a great frame of reference.