jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Where do you find joy in this mixed up crazy world?

1. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Where do you find joy in this mixed up crazy world?

2. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I find joy in poetry, walking, nature, arty things, close friends and family and I'm sorry to say, football, which is soccer to you.I love to escape into ideas and creative worlds....anything to get away from mundane routine and the boring plod of life!

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks chef-de-jour, sometimes I just need a little direction to seek things I love but spend all my time on everyone else.

3. Lindsey Nobles profile image61
    Lindsey Noblesposted 3 years ago

Finding joy is simple and inherent. In most cases, people spend way too much time outside of themselves feeling a feeling caused by someone else or something else.  You feel what you want to based on what you give permission to in your life.  Your spouse doesn't take the garbage out, you get mad. Someone swears at you in front of your children for no reason, you feel confused and hurt.

It really takes looking at yourself first and foremost in all these instances. WHY does this event or person make you feel this way? Introspect to find out who you are.  Once you find out who you are and are comfortable within yourself you will have the ability to be unaffected by other people in a negative way.  You can see right through their actions and words. Focus on you, not outside sources.  We are told who to be and what to believe from the time we are born.  We will NEVER measure up.  Sometimes finding joy is as simple as loving yourself.

The last person people choose to show love to is their Self.  They put everyone else first.  Loving yourself isn't selfish or vain, it's truly understanding that you can not truly love another person until you recognize and love yourself for who you are. Once you do that you can find joy in everything.  You can see the beauty in painful situations.

These things I knew but sometimes I loose me way in all the pain. I've lost direction over the years among everyone and the things surrounding the pain. Good to hear form someone on the outside, who can give me a little pull in the right direction.

4. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

Joy is to be found inside us like Lindsey mentioned, & chef mentioned a few places/things where it's manifested..If you want to try something amazing, & be totally gobsmacked by what you see..Try learning how to mindful meditate, & when you have go for a long walk in the countryside or go look at a tree..It's funny because joy can be found anywhere we look if we're not distracted with some BS, that we're thinking about at the same time as say looking at a flower..Now i do a lot of mindful meditating whilst walking about etc i notice "everything", every little detail more than i ever used to..It's all about concentrating on what we're actually doing or seeing, & not distracted with thought at the same time..When you get good at it i swear your'l go out one day, & everything will look more defined & somehow different than before..I know it sounds mad but i can even find joy in washing up!lol, only if I'm mindfully doing it though....The world like you say "is" mixed up & crazy, but certainly not boring aye..I see it more of an assault course/training ground/amusement ride, & the most joy Iv'e had in years was when i started appreciating life..The mindful meditating + emotions/feelings control practice gave me a totally different perspective on life, that i would never have imagined possible.

I so need to get with it I am wasting me time away with many joyless years.

5. phillippeengel profile image79
    phillippeengelposted 3 years ago

Joy is mostly found in everywhere, and whether you are joyful or not in that moment depends on both your attitude and perceptiveness. I find joy in thinking ideas and writing them down into a complete article. I will get a sense of accomplishment when people take their time to read it and comment. Where people find joy can differ due to their priorities; for me it is in writing.

I really need to find something I truly like to do, and am good at.

working