jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Does your partner snore? How do you cope if you are a lite sleeper?

1. misslong123 profile image86
    misslong123posted 3 years ago

Does your partner snore? How do you cope if you are a lite sleeper?

2. avorodisa profile image86
    avorodisaposted 3 years ago

yes, I hear it. either i go to another room or i ask my partner to turn over to his side - snoring usually happens when you sleep on your back.

misslong123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. That's one of the things I do too. Roll him over. Now he's started having restless leg syndrome but denied it. Lol. He doesn't feel it but it too keeps me up all nite. Even on his side he doesn't always stop either. Lol

3. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I elbow him until he changes positions. It sounds mean, but he is such a deep sleeper that a light push or tap doesn't do anything. Haha.

I do that sorta. I just wake him up and tell him to get on his side and make sure he is wearing his nose strips. If he's still too loud he moves to the living room.

4. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 3 years ago

I don't have a partner right now, so therefore I do not have to worry about this problem.  However I would suggest that you try using a more natural way of trying to fall asleep, by using a White noise machine, or electric fan to see if the noise from either of these two methods. Could possibly block out the snoring from your partner and help lull you to sleep like a baby.

Or try using some ear plugs to place in your ears, so you don't hear your snoring partner.  A natural product such as valerian root or melatonin could also help put you to sleep soundly if you are a lite sleeper. 

In addition you may want to suggest to your partner to be tested for Obstructive sleep apnea.  In not all cases, but some, keep in mind that a large number of snorers have an underlying apnea issue, which contributes to loud, irritating snoring. 

If this turns out to be the case, than you both will benefit in the future from a good nights rest. Particularly if your snoring partner finds out that they may need to be fitted with a CPAP machine, which will reduce their snoring greatly.

The CPAP will increase the overall air intake into their respiratory passages. I sincerely hope my answers and/or suggestions have helped you solve your sleeping issues.

Jlbowden

Thank you for such a thorough answer. You covered it all. Unfortunately I have tried all of those. He does not have sleep apnea but is overweight. He also doesn't sleep enough in my opinion which makes him sleep heavier. It's a tough situation sad

5. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12005281_f260.jpg

I knew she snored; however, I had no proof. Thus, I embarked on the great experiment to verify her snoring because I knew indeed it awakened me from deep delta sleep. I did not let her know i was recording...
    The very first night approximately 1/2 hour into the revealing tape. The evidence began. Within 10 minutes it awakened me and mysteriously subsided. Again after I fell back into deep delta my recording picked up the devious snorts and once again when I awakened the recording became silent. Was the recorder malfunctioning? No I had to finally deduce the only possible explanation...

working