jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the FDA protects your health or the financial interests of large co

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Do you think the FDA protects your health or the financial interests of large companies?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12163453_f260.jpg

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Good question. I think the FDA does more in the vein of regulation to control proper use of foods and drugs, not only to protect the public but to protect against liability and out-of-control profitting by the large companies.

3. Kelechi Wogu profile image59
    Kelechi Woguposted 3 years ago

It seem that the FDA is partly concerned with making sure that food and drugs are safe (they can have all of the governments money makers dying from bad fish sticks and tylenol..right).

But more than anything i feel like we see an agency primarily concerned with making money, especially in the arena of pharmaceuticals. We have drugs and food being approved that contain substances KNOWN to cause cancer and other health problems.

Fruits and vegetables being sprayed with toxic chemical just because the yield will be higher and it'll make more money. We can eat these things and they wont kill us immediately, but in the long run they result in chronic disease.

Andd...oh...look there!

There's the pharmaceutical companies coming out with a new drug to fix that new problem caused by the chemicals which the FDA has approved.

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I could not agree with you more. Many people do not demand to know what is in the products they use & there are do many toxic & dangerous products readily available for sale throughout the US. More people need to learn about what they use/eat

working