jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Being colour blind; how much does it affect your daily lives?

1. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 2 years ago

Being colour blind; how much does it affect your daily lives?

Which colours do you have problems seeing and how does it affect you in your normal lives. Also, what do you do when faced with a problem such as traffic lights or choosing a fruit in a supermarket?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 2 years ago

I am colour blind but didn't know it for many years.  I tend to be unable to tell the difference between colours that are similar: white, tan, ecru, etc. and have difficulty with colours that tend to be a mix: blue-green, for ex.

I don't think I live my life much differently than anyone else as I have lived with this all my life.  I've just learned that when an apple has a certain colour, it is good to eat.  I've never worried what the colour may really look like - I just know that when a food looks this way to me, it's OK to eat.

arksysposted 2 years agoin reply to this

very interesting ... thanks for answering. smile

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12319732_f260.jpg

My brother-in-law is a successful medical researcher and doctor. He works along side the Nobel Prize winner for AIDS research. Long before his current research position he worked for the Atlanta CDC. He sees his color blindness as a significant advantage in microbiology...

arksysposted 2 years agoin reply to this

wow... I would never have thought of it as an advantage.
      I remember my physics teacher telling us he found out his twins did not understand what they meant by "pick the green apples". They later found out the boys could only see in black & white

4. hari87 profile image80
    hari87posted 2 years ago

Unable to distinguish and differentiate certain colors might seriously influence some groups of people such as painters, graphic designers.

working