Act your age. Has your behavior and interest changed over the years? Have your

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

Act your age.  Has your behavior and interest changed over the years?  Have your interests changed?

Perhaps someone has said it to you or said it about you-do you act your age?  Do you rebel against the notion of acting your age and do what is best for you.  Do you party like you did in your 20’s when you are 40’s?  Are you the “old head” in the club that is acting as if you are the same age as your children?  Just wondering if by nature an evolution takes place where maybe you enjoy a lounge to a club or historical sites rather than bar hopping all day long.  Is it normal to have Peter Pan syndrome?  Do you subscribe to never act your age?  Has things changed in your life?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12503464_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

I'm 32. I absolutely hate the concept of "act your age". While I have matured and no longer party like I did when I was in my late teens and early 20's I still enjoy a child free night out with my husband or my best friend. I don't hang out with much younger people on a regular basis but I have gone out with co workers for an all night bar hop once or twice in the last few years.
    I have children and they are my first priority so things have changed because of that. I have to be more responsible and put their needs ahead of my own. However I regularly tell my husband that the second they reach an age where they are no longer dependent upon us I plan on going back to the non-mom version of me. Age is a number. I will be in my early to mid 40's when my kids are all old enough to take care of themselves. Mentally I will always enjoy a night of freedom from responsibility and getting to go to the bar and shoot pool, listen to music, and drink enough to regret it the next day!

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

The older I become the more I appreciate luxury, comfort, and quiet.
    When I was younger it was cool to ride in a Corvette but now I have no interest in being that low to the ground! smile
    In my 20s I used to stand in line for up to an hour waiting to gain admission into nightclubs, pay a crazy cover charge, getting my hand stamped, and read under a black light. It was overcrowded.
    Consuming alcohol without giving any thought to potential hangovers was the norm. I suppose "immaturity" is really about only focusing on what one wants (right here and now).
    When you get older you start to take the long view on a lot of things. You also want to avoid being in the "herd".
    As for being the "old guy" in the nightclub I believe online dating is a Godsend for the over 40 & 50 age crowd. It's another option for meeting people and some of the sites cater to older age groups.
    There's also singlescruise.com which offers cruises geared towards  single people of various age ranges.
    Meetup.com is a hobby/interest site where various groups meet once or twice a month to share common interest. They have everything from wine tasting, yoga, meditation, book clubs, writers, hiking, theatre goers, single social mixers, and so on. Not every group is filled with single people but if you do meet someone you are assured you have at least something in common and you get to know them gradually via attending the meetings.
    Having said that I don't see anything wrong with occasionally going out to a nice hotel lounge or restaurant that features live music from (my era) and has a small dance floor. I can't see myself dancing to any Lil Wayne music. LOL!

working