jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are physical symptoms for short term stress?

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

What are physical symptoms for short term stress?

What I mean for short term is it occurs at the moment or through a day rather than long term. I know of stress and cortisol leading to weight gain is prevalent thought today. Are there good remedies or solutions?

2. lisavanvorst profile image79
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

When a stressful event happens; the body goes into anxiety mood and this can lead to panic attacks. With a panic attack a person starts to hyperventilate. Their breathing is faster and in short breaths. The heart rate increases resulting in palpitations. Shaking or trembling of the body can occur. Stress in any form is harmful to our health. Sometimes learning to control your stress through deep breathing exercise, mind control (telling yourself to calm down that everything will be okay) this can help. Laying down and concentrating on slowing down your breathing and relax your self. However no matter short or long term, stress is harmful and sometimes seeing your physician and possibly taking medication may be the only answer to controlling it if everything else you have tried does not work. Many people suffer from PTSD (Post traumatic Stress Disorder) caused by some traumatic event. Medication is usually prescribed for this type of disorder.

3. connorj profile image78
    connorjposted 2 years ago

The Good News is that short term stress is not necessarily that devastating to us. Historically "man" has been exposed to this almost from the beginning. It is long term stress that we can't handle; it is the deabilitating monster.
    There are few deabilitating symptoms; however, metabolic changes are prevalent inclusive of blood pressure, pulse, anxiousness... The key is that indeed if it is short term we can handle it without significant issues.

4. hubsy profile image81
    hubsyposted 2 years ago

Changes in appetite, sweating, breakokuts,

5. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 2 years ago

For me it's dropping things, and I guess these are not physical, but memory that day, irritability at that time, shortness with others, and I make stupid mistakes .

6. Patrina Breau profile image60
    Patrina Breauposted 2 years ago

Per experience, it's headache, neck pain, irritability, and shoulder pain.