To all thinkers and progressives out there, do you strongly and vehemently maint

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To all thinkers and progressives out there, do you strongly and vehemently maintain that

most of humankind survive and live in a fear based and tribal consciousness level?  What are the ways that most of humankind is fearful and tribal in their consciousness, mindset, and psychology?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

Does one have to be 'progressive' to believe that  yes , tribalism , jungle mentality and more to the point -the simple reasonability  of  small minds dictates the mentality of our daily lives ?   Fear based or paranoid mentality and behavior , has  no basis  in party or intelligence either , the boogy-man just gets bigger and more complicated by ones intelligence .

3. Victoria Hewlett profile image59
    Victoria Hewlettposted 21 months ago

First of all - let me say that I think this is indeed fair question.  In a time that we often see mass mentality rein supreme I think it is tempting to believe mass mentality is the end all, be all of progressive change.  However, I think it is also too easy to fall into the trap of believing that any position constitutes some kind of absolutist vision for society.  I absolutely believe we should monitor who is obtaining guns in the United States, and what their history is.

Rather - honestly, I think that the answer is in honest an open communication.  It is going to take us communicating without the filter of ideology.  It is going to take us learning to respect each other and listen to each others view on policy.

Is it easy?  Absolutely not.  But I believe it is possible.  I talk about this idea more on my website, progressive if you want to hear more. Thanks!