jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe in plant medicines? Why or why not?

1. Morgan Anthony profile image70
    Morgan Anthonyposted 2 years ago

Do you believe in plant medicines? Why or why not?

Marijuana, Ayahuasca, Peyote, Mushrooms etc.

2. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 2 years ago

etc..........broccoli, carrots, kale, cucumber, blueberries.  Absolutely, how can you not.  Food is thy medicine, it always has been and always will be provided vegetables and fruit keep their integrity.

You are eluding to marijuana and ayahuasca and mushrooms perhaps in a particular way.  They are hallucinogens, they also have an affect on the brain similar to anti depressants where their is a major release of tension in the body, a release that allows for a superior letting go and beyond.  I suspect their affect is much more superior to the synthetic anti depression drugs - of course they are. 

If you could take away the pharmaceutical companies control over all things health for a good period of time and use scientists who have a genuine calling to study plants and health, then good regulations and major health benefits could come out of marijuana and ayahuasca.  The problem I have with the maverick use of both marijuana and ayahuasca, and mushrooms is there are too many idiots out there who don't know what they are doing.  That aside I've heard of excellent results from their use, and there needs to be more of this.

Plants and medicine go together like peas and carrots in a roast dinner.

3. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Basically every single modern medicine we have today is derived from some plant substance or another, OR a synthesized compound based on one. So yeah, I do believe in them.

Besides, THC has had a tremendous beneficial effect on a multitude of different conditions, not limited to epilepsy and anxiety.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Mushrooms, garlic, onions are medicines right, they are anti biotics and anti inflammation too