jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

If the expiry date on a bottle of poison is past, is it less poisonous or more p

1. clivewilliams profile image83
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

If the expiry date on a bottle of poison is past, is it less poisonous or more poisonous?

2. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12837266_f260.jpg

What a great question! Maybe at some point it achieves sentience- that should be well past the use by date even for poison, one would hope. I was about to open a can of beans from 1991 the other day. It may have been poison once, then gone past that point and become a completely contained eco-system until it exploded all over my kitchen.

Predictably my dog tried to lick it up but my son came to the rescue and said, "I'll call for pizza," as he led her away into his room. Took me a good half-hour to clean beans off the ceiling and every other surface. There were 24 year old beans in my hair when my husband got home.

Husband "Are we having beans for dinner?"
    Me "No, pizza."
    Husband "Bean pizza?"
    Me "No."
    Husband "Thanks."

As for poison, I know some of it at least has a really long shelf life- thousands of years. Some gets more poisonous past the expiry date. Some gets less effective. I know of none that becomes good for you - like breaks down to become a full days supply of vitamins and minerals.

clivewilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. VerityPrice profile image92
    VerityPriceposted 2 years ago

It might be different for different poisons but I would take a bet on less poisonous.
    Back in the days just before World War 1, a group of people called the Black Hand gathered to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand. 2 men who failed to hit their target immediately took (I think) cyanide. But as it was years and years past it's expiry date instead of killing them, it just made them throw up a lot.

mmm....so so some expired poisons are not effective.

4. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 2 years ago

Hmm, I read the other day that some poisons used in agrobusiness have a half life of 50 years. I do not know exactly what that means but any part of poison lasting 50 years is scary.

lol

working