jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I Have A Black Snake In My Garden. How Do I Poison It Dead As Soon As It Is Poss

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

I Have A Black Snake In My Garden. How Do I Poison It Dead As Soon As It Is Possible?

This Really Is A Serpent. Might It Be A Symbol Of Evil And Death Just In My Garden?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

You DON'T want to poison or get rid of that snake.  That snake will eat all other poisonous snakes out of your area.  Respect it and keep away from it and you will be fine.  This is one snake that is not evil.  It will eat rattlesnakes and other very poisonous snakes,

3. jrsearam profile image59
    jrsearamposted 7 years ago

I have to disagree with Lady Guinevere. That definitely sounds like an evil snake to me... perhaps even "The Evil Snake"! I mean come on... A snake in a garden? Didn't I read a story about that somewhere? Ha! Ha! Just kidding! Find out what kind of snake it is and if it represents no danger to you or yours then live and let live. There are various snake identification aids on the web that can help you and maybe save the poor snake's life. Google it...

4. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

Black snakes are not poisonous or dangerous and will help your garden by keeping rodents and other small animals away. If you must rid yourself of it though might I suggest the fastest method of a 12 gauge shotgun and a hefty bag for disposal!

5. amwalsh profile image70
    amwalshposted 6 years ago

Black snakes eat mice and other rodents.  If it is hanging around it may be finding food, such as, mice and rodents.  They are harmless and they do eat poisionous snakes as well.  It's more afraid of you than you are of it.  Best thing to try is call varment control.  Seriously, there are people out there experienced in catching these guys.  Another option would be to call your local Extension Agency they are helpful as well.  But also check around your house's foundation for any cracks or holes in vents if you have a crawl space and have those fixed or plug them with steel wool they don't like it.  Also, if you put lime around the foundation or area you've seen it hanging out snakes don't like lime either.  Good Luck!

6. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Yes, by all means destroy that serpent! All snakes are evil..its even in the Bible somewhere. Did you see the 'The Passion of the Christ'? Beelzebub is a snake and dark is a wicked shade! Don't waste money on serpent repellents or professional Black snake catchers..grab a garden implement,be safety conscious
    and whack it good.