jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Is workouts alone is sufficient for losing weight?

1. nnms profile image79
    nnmsposted 21 months ago

Is workouts alone is sufficient for losing weight?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 21 months ago

I think it's supposed to be a combination of diet and exercise. You could diet without exercise but the loss would be very slow and probably not in the areas where you want it to show. On the other hand, exercise without a proper diet can be hazardous to your health. Especially if you do intense workouts.

1. nnms profile image79
      nnmsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Cissy.. that is informative and helpful.

3. profile image60
    RebeccaHWposted 21 months ago

Personally, workouts are sufficient .As you get older its definitely harder to lose weight because your metabolism slows a lot . When I wanted to lose weight I cut out junk on weekdays and I did notice an improvement but when I started working out my thighs got more muscle and I overall felt much stronger  and lost more weight .It really depends on your own body .

4. nnms profile image79
    nnmsposted 21 months ago

OK...may be it depends on gender or age whether exercise alone is sufficient or not.

1. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Please note that Rebecca cut out junk foods on weekends. If you don't change your eating habits, the weight will just return when you back off on the exercise.

5. mike Blacke profile image40
    mike Blackeposted 21 months ago

Workouts alone not enough , you should follow with diet plan its more important than exercise you just have to walk 45 min a day.
    70% diet and 30% any activities.

6. Kevin McClernon profile image90
    Kevin McClernonposted 19 months ago

It depends on the individual. In general, a balance between healthy nutrition habits and regular exercise has been the solution to achieving a satisfactory body composition.

Proper nutrition is a basic fundamental for maintaining a fit and healthy body. Its a garbage-in, garbage out deal. Eat incorrectly, and your body will perform in a less-than-optimal manner. Eat correctly and your body will respond positively.

Besides the physiological effects on the body, exercise also helps to; reduce the risk of disease, reduce stress and improve your mood, help you look and feel better.

For more details, check out my profile and you'll find hubs addressing body composition and body transformation as well as general fitness and sports conditioning information.

I hope that helped! smile

working