jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What helps cure anxiety and bipolar disorder?

1. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 18 months ago

What helps cure anxiety and bipolar disorder?

I've been diagnosed with both and given a week off work. What should/shouldn't I do in this time I've been given?

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

You need to talk to a psychologist who can prescribe the medications that will help prevent the highs and lows of bipolar disorder.
    If you get the meds to even out your mood, it will help the anxiety. Then you can engage in talk therapy to ease the anxiety. But get stabilized first - and do NOT get treatment for anxiety that is entirely an anti-depressant when the bipolar isn't balanced or the manic stage will go TOO high.

3. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 18 months ago

Try meditation...It is a good way to clear your mind.

4. Jonnatan Rojas profile image60
    Jonnatan Rojasposted 18 months ago

Getting professional help is your number 1 option, why? Only a trained professional can prescribe the correct medication you may need, if any, and will be able to assess how bad is your situation.

There are a couple of things you can do by yourself in the meantime, especially now that you got a full week off work:

-Take a walk or run in a park or some place green: Nature has proven to effectively alleviate anxiety, it will give you a calm and relaxed sensation. And the exercise will liberate some serotonin, the so called happiness hormone, which means it will help you feeling a bit better. You have just been diagnosed with two disorders, you are likely feeling a bit down and confused, exercise will certainly help.

-Meditation: As mentioned in a comment above meditation can help you with your anxiety, if you like it you can even ask your therapist to make it part of your process. Sometimes meditation can help reveal the inner reason for these type of disorders.

-Try not to overthink it and keep a positive attitude, both disorders are completely treatable and curable, you will be in great shape again in little time. This is an opportunity to heal a wound that has been around for some time, an opportunity to improve and free yourself from those demons.

-Seek support: If you have someone close, a good friend, a partner, a mother or similar, try to look for support on them; it has been proven that patients who are encouraged by their loved ones heal faster and better.

I hope this works for you, I wish the best of luck in this new process. If I can be any of help please let me know and I would gladly answer.

working