jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

What is the best way to recover from chronic depression?

1. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77
    Gaurav Oberoiposted 14 months ago

What is the best way to recover from chronic depression?

Sometimes such incidents come to passing, which trigger a certain state of mind. That melancholy state of mind later leads to depression and the unassuming victim falls prey to the vice grip of this dreaded condition. Today around 18% of the world's population (of all ages) face depression once in their lifetime. Is there any way to come out of this condition with a 100% recovery? Are there also any prophylactic measures?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13462237_f260.jpg

2. Ceegen profile image78
    Ceegenposted 14 months ago

Jesus saved me from my depression.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John ch10 v10.

1. Ceegen profile image78
      Ceegenposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Yep. Was put in a foster home twice because of false allegations against my parents, my father died when I was 15, dropped out of high school at 16, became homeless at least 3 times, divorced and almost lost my son.

Things are better now.

2. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77
      Gaurav Oberoiposted 13 months agoin reply to this

That is extremely sad and unfortunate. Mine was caused by 4 years of being bullied, 8 years of disease and false lawsuits and deceptions by people close to me. What was the single most strong thought that helped you out of it?

3. Ceegen profile image78

Nothing in this world satisfied or could fix me. Only by accepting Jesus who cleansed me of my sin was I made whole. If you think you don't have sins that need cleansing, then continue chasing an answer elsewhere, but you'll still feel empty.

4. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77

Very right. Everyone has sins that need to be cleansed. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. John 3:3

5. Ceegen profile image78

I sincerely hope you're not depressed now, and all I can say is that it does go away. A big part of recovering, for me, was forgiving the people that wronged me. Forgiveness gets rid of the control that hatred has over your life.

6. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77

Absolutely correct. That's the long and short of it. Forgiving them. Though it sounds simple it has not been easy for me and I still have not been able to do that!Maybe that's why I still suffer.

7. Ceegen profile image78

It's never easy to do on your own. I will pray for you, that God helps you in forgiving them, just as God has forgiven you for your wrongs.

My sins were many... It is embarrassing to even think of.

8. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77

Thanks for the kind and meaningful words! And yes the sins of this mortal body are many I agree.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

Preventative measures include:
    * Finding a purpose in life to make the frustrations and pains of life more bearable.
    * Social connections to help you weather the storms
    * Focusing on longer term goals like savings, paying off debt, improving relationships so that minor setbacks are not as bad
    * Appreciating what you have instead of comparing yourself to others who have more, because someone always beats you in comparisons (prettier, richer, happier family, etc).

1. Gaurav Oberoi profile image77

thanks for the descriptive reply.I agree that finding a purpose is by far the most effective way.I guess finding your passion and aligning it with your purpose can be even more effective, wouldn't you agree?

working