jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How fast do you recover from surgery?

1. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 7 years ago

How fast do you recover from surgery?

My best friend just had surgery, he had to get a kidney stone removed.

2. Mrscicero profile image62
    Mrsciceroposted 7 years ago

It depends entirely on (1) what the surgery was, (2) what kind of condition your friend was in going into it. Of course having a good surgeon & hospital also matter. Kidney stone is minor, he should be home within a day (I was home in 8 days after major open-heart surgery in 2009), and start recovering immediately.If he's in reasonably good shape, I would think he'd be back to his old self in a couple of weeks.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

It depends on a lot of things, how serious and invasive the surgery was, the age and physical condition of the patient.  I think a person is able to do some thing generally a week or so after surgery.

4. Just me myself profile image62
    Just me myselfposted 7 years ago

Hi the most important thing to do is rest the more rest the quicker you will recover, it also depends on the type of surgery and if you have any stitches and so forth.

Eat well, sleep well and rest, enjoy the time with your feet up and the human body has a great way of healing and im sure it wont take long.

good luck with the surgery

5. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

Should not be too long, depending if he has a cath in or not, they could be a little painful, not toobad. He needs to rest, as much as possible for a few days.

6. Kamran100 profile image55
    Kamran100posted 7 years ago

consult to any professional surgeon! it is better.

working