I have a question about a dream meaning. I had a dream about my ex boyfriend and

1. profile image60
    babybluemandyposted 10 months ago

I have a question about a dream meaning. I had a dream about my ex boyfriend and his father.

I had a dream my ex boyfriend and his father were in a room together and I came into the room. His father asked me if I was ready to go watch a table top RPG game. I didn't really want to go because I wanted to stay home with my ex. You could clearly see my ex was hurt by his father asking me to go with him. What does this dream mean?

2. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 months ago

It is Oedipus complex. This term was used by Sigmund Freud to describe the psycho-sexual stages of the development, to describe a boy's feelings of desire for his mother and jealousy and anger toward his father. The repressed desires become latent in the psyche of the person.
    The female version is called the Electra complex.
    There is universal desire for sexual involvement with the parent of the opposite sex and a concomitant sense of rivalry with the parent of the same sex.
    The dreams occur due to the activities of subconscious and unconscious parts of the brain in which clear, faded and blurred images of conscious mind interact with the other two.
    We are half authors of our dreams. Sometimes they foretell something or at others they mean nothing.

1. profile image60
      babybluemandyposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I was thinking it was more of a he is jealous that his dad is giving me more attention. Which I have told his dad he needs to be more of a father to him. That answer does seem legit though. Thank you!

working