jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have a question about my boyfriend breaking up with me.

1. profile image45
    Jordan Crozierposted 7 years ago

I have a question about my boyfriend breaking up with me.

He recently just moved up to college for soccer (the same college i attend) and he bawled before he left me. The first week he was gone, we seemed still in love. Talking all of the time and it seemed normal. A week later, he said "He didn't know what he wanted" and didn't know if he wanted a girlfriend, yet I am hearing he's been hanging with another girl up there that is TOTALLY NOT HIS TYPE. Is it possible to fall out of love that fast, and why is he pursuing something I feel he doesn't want..? To get back at me for something?..
    Thank you!

2. ultracutebot profile image73
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

Going to college after high school is a big step for a lot of people and sometimes the responsibilities of school cause people to want to limit their non-academic responsibilities, including maintaining a relationship. It sounds to me like he's experimenting which is something many people do their first year of college. Love is a tricky thing, and I'm not suggesting that he is or isn't in love with you, but if he said he didn't know what he wanted, he probably isn't going to want to be in a relationship right now. I'm not saying that any of this is right or wrong, just stating my observations of human nature.

3. profile image45
    Jordan Crozierposted 7 years ago

This will actually be our second year of college together.
    We dated all last year and lived together this summer.
    Now, out of no where this is happening.

4. lindagoffigan profile image59
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

The question is not to ask about his behavior that is uncertain and does not seem to include any more feelings for you.  The best thing to do is to move on.  If a guy is doubtful about the relationship, the girlfriend should not be waiting on his next move but choose to move on and begin a new relationship.  Consider the relationship ended when he left for college and you heard about a new girlfriend.

5. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

It sounds like he's met someone else, and it's nothing to do with anything you've done.  You may not pick her for being his type but these things happen.