Do you believe women’s accounts of sexual assault and harassment when they do pu

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 4 months ago

Do you believe women’s accounts of sexual assault and harassment when they do publicize it?

Without questioning why they waited years or sometimes decades to talk about it? I believe it is acceptable in the world to call accusers liars which confirms women's fears of not being believed. Why, when it comes to sex it's less believable? Nobody doubts a person when a person says they got ripped off at the used car lot.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13828677_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 4 months ago

Yes, I believe them, because I know exactly why they wait to disclose. I think most women who have been in their position understand how hard it is to come forward---and let's face it, it's rare for a woman not to have a story about some man who has tried to use is power, position, or simply his size, to push a woman into submitting to whatever it is he wants.

I will be glad when we move past the "she asked for it" mentality, and understand that no woman is asking to be sexually harassed or assaulted, no matter what she's wearing, how she looks, or what she chooses to do for a living.

1. ptosis profile image73
      ptosisposted 4 months agoin reply to this

It is so frustrating to hear over and over again the same refrain "Not all women are truthful" - to imply most are untruthful when it fact it's a extremely small percentage of false accusations.

working