How to ignore your thoughts.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. amber112483 profile image60
    amber112483posted 12 years ago

I swear my thoughts are going to make me crazy! Ever since I have had my melt down/ affair I have turned in to a very scared depressed women whom has lets her thoughts get the best of her. I am scared and on edge ALL the time. I always seem to have that pit feeling in my stomach and I hate it. Everything I think is wrong even things that were minor before. I just want to be me again, for myself and my family. I hope it will go away

1. profile image52
      Amira Mooreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are married, then keep your affair to yourself.  Never ever tell your husband.  This has to be your burden, not his. Don't tell other friends, coworkers etc. Find a good therapist or Church leader and vent to them. I think this is showing that you're human and feeling some remorse.  Good luck and you will pull through.

2. Goodpal profile image76
      Goodpalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mental chatter can be a real problem when it goes out of control. A simple trick is to start breathing consciously and keep your mind focused on breathing. This interferes with obsessive thinking. If you have not done anything wrong talk honestly with people whom your trust. This can be very cathartic and you need it. I have some hubs on mental chatter that might be useful.

[url=http://hubpages.com/hub/Are-You-a-Victim-of-Your-Mental-Chattering[/url]Finally, have yo tried brainwave entrainment audios? They change your brainwave frequencies and you get relaxed, say within 30-60 minutes. You just play the audio and allow yourself to be relaxed. One of my hubs talks about that too.

PS: Think of all the good qualities you have and imagine positive things happening to you. [color=#ff0000You should also know that you are much stronger than you think![/color]

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I wish I knew how to ignore my thoughts.  Sometimes they take control, and no matter what I try, they refuse be be kept under control.  This leads to anxiety and depression.  Medication isn't the answer, neither is alcohol.  If you have a religious belief, then turning to it may help, and trying to put right any mistakes will certainly help you feel better about yourself.  Also, trying to accept that we all make mistakes in life, and that anyone who pretends otherwise is lying.  Also, try looking at the bigger picture.  In an unimaginably sized universe, where our little planet is only one amongst billions in our own galaxy, and that our galaxy is only one of billions within the universe, and that the rest of the universe isn't even aware of our existence, makes one put things into perspective.  Also, when considering how short life is, might help you to realise that worrying about things that have happened in the past will make no difference to your present or future, exept by making you ill.

Having said all that, I know it is easier said than done.  The human mind has an endless capacity to torture itself.

1. cindi h profile image60
      cindi hposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems to me that you are not happy with your life and some of the choices you have made. Your 'thoughts' are your conscience, trying to sort out the mess. First off, you need to tell yourself that it's okay to make mistakes. That is how we learn, hopefully. Don't try to shut out the thoughts, listen to them, listen to YOUR INNER SELF. Somewhere deep inside, you have a vision of how you want your life to be. You need to eliminate the negative things in your life and surround yourself with positives. Stop reading the paper, stop watching the news. If you have friends that are uplifting and inspirational, hang with them. Avoid the people who bring you down. You need to take Action to change the things you do not like.  As Sherlock said, this is easier said then done but if you have sunk low enough, there is no where to go but up.
      All my best to you and may you find the peace and solace you not only crave but DESERVE. smile

1. Capric222 profile image81
        Capric222posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with keeping an affair to yourself.  That to me is simply unacceptable.  It may be your burden, but your husband obviously has a right to know what is going on.  Afterall, you are married to him.  I always try to put myself in someone else's shoes.  It would be extremely hurtful for me if my husband cheated on me and kept it from me.  Ultimately, it is a mistake that has been made and the consequences of those actions need to be dealt with.  And, keeping stuff like that in will destroy you and your thoughts.  Everyone makes mistakes, so the first thing you need to do is come to terms with the mistakes you have made.  I know this is easier said than done.  I have made my fair share of mistakes and it took me  a long time to come to terms with them.  In fact, I am still working on it.  Anyway, I just mainly wanted to point out that I believe it to be very wrong to keep this stuff from someone.  In the end, that is your decision and if you feel like that is the right thing to do then I suppose it is!  Good luck and I wish you the best!

1. amber112483 profile image60
          amber112483posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trust me everything is out in the open, if you read my other forms they have been out for a little while and this is just the after math of all guilt and how to rebuild trust within myself which is A LOT harder than it is. This situation is the worst thing have dealt with in my life. Everything I do these days I feel guilty , just because I am scared. I have never acted out the way I did but the put in my stomach and the guilt sucks and I know it will be awhile to over come. I go to a therapist and physiatrist to help me. My husband and I also see the therapist together. I love him and I am happy with my life, at times content but that happens with everyone. I know what I did may not be okay but I am learning from it and I want to take it back but I can’t . I also know that I always had that type of personality and I am changing it. I do know that my family is my life and they make me so happy and the thought of them being gone kills me.

3. ElSeductor profile image59
    ElSeductorposted 12 years ago

Get your mind off of yourself and focus on somebody who is worse off than you are.  Only then will you be cured.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)