Any guys out there suffering from IC?

  1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

    Most of you probably will have no clue what I mean by "IC" (Interstitial Cystitis).
    It's surprisingly common, although more so among women than men.
    I won't get graphic here but it's a condition that affects the mucous lining of the bladder which can cause pain in the urethra, testicles and pelvis.
    It's closely related to (and often co-occurs with) Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

    If you or someone you know have dealt with this baffling condition, please share
    a) how you finally got diagnosed
    b) what treatment modalities you have tried
    c) what treatments have been most effective for you
    d) how long did it take to get symptom relief

    Thanks, hubber friends. I am obviously not asking this for myself, but for my son. He is MISERABLE and has been bounced around the medical establishment like a pinball. Even our current alternative health provider (acupuncturist/herbalist) is in over her head on this one...

    Thanks again, MM