- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
TOFU CAN SLASH OVARIAN AND COLORECTAL CANCER IN POST MENOPAUSAL WOMEN
WHAT AND HOW TOFU IS MADE
In the beginning of creation, God said in Genesis 1:28, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat." Man did not eat meat in the beginning of creation.
Tofu is made from dried soaked soybeans for 12 hours. Then they are ground into a thin milky paste, mixed with a coagulant or salt to become curds, poured into boxes, and pressed into blocks.
Tofu is an ancient food that was discovered around 164 B.C.. It was used at Buddhist banquets to imitate meat. It was considered one of the five sacred grains. The discoverer was believed to be a famous scholar and philosopher named Lord Liu An, a vegetarian from Huainan.
The popularity of Tofu spread from China to Japan and became the Japanese national cuisine and is used by the peasants as well as the upper classes of society. It is an inexpensive form of protein and takes the flavour of any food that is added on to it.
EATING TOFU CAN SLASH OVARIAN CANCER
- Last updated at 23:28 12 January 2007
Tofu: More than just bland vegetable protein
Eating tofu regularly can almost halve a woman's chances of developing ovarian cancer, according to researchers.
A study found that a daily portion of 10gm of the food, a meat substitute made from soya bean curd, cut the risk by 44 per cent.
This level of consumption releases around 3mg or more of isoflavones, the plant hormones in soya believed to protect against some forms of cancer and heart disease.
The benefit also came from other products from the soya plant, including soya fortified milk and dairy products.
However, diet in general had little impact on the disease, with dairy products, fruit and vegetables or tea not affecting the risk, added the study.
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CANCER CENTER
Scientists from the Northern California Cancer Centre carried out the research involving 100,000 active and retired teachers.
In total, 280 cases of ovarian cancer were diagnosed.
Each year, 6,000 women are diagnosed with the disease in the UK.
Claire Williamson, of the British Nutrition Foundation, said a small tofu-based meal or a drink of soya milk would provide 3mg isoflavones.
DIET AND HEALTH: CANCER
Eating tofu cuts colorectal cancer risk in postmenopausal women
by David Liu Ph.D
Dec 21, 2008 - 10:53:25 AM
Sunday Dec 21, 2008 (foodconsumer.org) --
Eating tofu and soy food regularly may help prevent colorectal cancer in post- menopausal women, a new study published in the Dec 10, 2008 issue of American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests.
The study led by Yang G and colleagues of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine showed that postmenopausal women who had the highest intake of soy food were 33 percent less likely to be diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
The study involved 68,412 women aged 40 to 70 years who were free of cancer and diabetes at enrollment. Soy intake was surveyed at baseline using a food frequency questionnaire and participants were followed for an average 6.4 years. 321 incident colorectal cancer cases were identified during the follow-up.
After adjusting potential confounding factors, the researchers found total soy food intake was inversely associated with colorectal cancer risk. But the association was primarily confined to postmenopausal women.
Specifically, each 5-g per day of dry soy foods equivalent to about 1 oz or 28.35 g tofu per day was associated with an 8 percent reduction in the colorectal cancer risk.
The highest risk reduction, 33 percent, was found in postmenopausal women who had the highest intake of soy foods compared to those who had the lowest intake.
The researchers concluded that consumption of soy foods may reduce the risk of colorectal cancer in postmenopausal women.
- 1. You can cook tofu with any added meat, mince or otherwise, Cook the meat first with some oil, add in water, salt or soy sauce to taste. Add in tofu cut in small cubes and bring to a boil.
- 2. Tofu can be added to any canned soup like chicken, minced beef or mixed vegetable. Add in asparagus, chives, spinach, lettuce, carrot, or celery. Any vegetable will do. Add cubed tofu and bring to a boil and serve.
- 3. Instead of canned soup, you may use packaged soup mix and add cubed tofu. The instructions on the package will tell you how much water to add and how many people may be served.
- 4. Chinese like to eat plain tofu cubed and steamed. Add in soy sauce and sprinkle fried onions (red preferred, cut into small pieces). Fried onions are sold in small plastic containers in Chinese supermarkets. We like the variety that comes from Thailand.
- 5. Recipe of Hot and Sour Soup Chicken broth, bamboo shoots,mushroom (Chinese, sliced thinly), cubed tofu. Simmer for a few minuites. Add cornstarch mixture and white vinegar to soup and stir well. Serve hot.
- 6. Tofu can be added to any soup base, Japanese, Italian, English, etc. You can cut up green onions and add on top of the soup to taste.
Man should have listened to God and eat which food He specified and he would not have so many problems associated with eating the wrong food.
GOD Provides Herbs for Food: Fresh LEMON GRASS Drinks help cure Cancer www.hubpages.com/hub/godprovidesherblemongrasscurecancer
GARLIC CURES CANCER: My 98 year old uncle eats fresh garlic every day www.hubpages.com/hub/garliccurescancer98yearuncleeatsgarlic
AVOCADO CURES PROSTATE CANCER, ORAL CANCER AND HELP DIABETES http://hubpages.com/hub/avocadocuresprostateoralcancer
TOFU CAN SLASH OVARIAN AND COLORECTAL CANCER IN POST MENOPAUSAL WOMEN http://hubpages.com/hub/tofuslashovariancolorectalcancer
BRUSSEL SPROUTS KILL CANCER http://hubpages.com/hub/brusselsproutskillcancer
GOD'S BLUEBERRIES FIGHT CANCER, ETC http://hubpages.com/hub/godblueberriesfightcancer
Tofu can slash ovarian and colorectal cancer in post menopausal women
Do you know that tofu can slash ovarian and colorectal cancer in wormen?
© 2009 einron