How can I improve the quality of my article?
As soon as they are published, articles are submitted to our Quality Assessment Process, which combines both moderator review and algorithmic analyses to determine whether or not a piece will be Featured on the site.
A minimum quality rating is required for your article to be Featured so we recommend playing it safe and publishing articles that are certain to be Featured.
To do so, visit the rating scale utilized by our moderators and try to create content that meets the criteria associated with content that would get a rating of eight and above for substance, organization, and grammar and mechanics.
Should your article not be Featured, you can boost its quality (and odds of being Featured) by:
- Making sure that your title is short and descriptive
- Presenting information that cannot be found elsewhere online
- Presenting concrete facts, figures, and data
- Providing a pleasant reading experience via attractive, easy-to-skip around formatting
- Utilizing a wide variety of capsules
- Making an effort to include many superb images
- Editing your text (or having someone else edit it)
- Avoiding spammy elements
For more detailed tips on improving your article (plus some before and after examples), visit our Learning Center guide to improving article quality.