- Holidays and Celebrations
10 Best Gifts for Crafters
Craft Ideas for Gifting
Gifts for Crafters
Crafters are perfectly happy with more of what they already have, so they can continue to create more crafts. Who are crafters? How do you recognize one? How do you keep from duplicating what they already own? What is the backup plan?
Who are crafters? They are creative people always making things you would only considering buying, yourself. They have rooms dedicated to what they do. You receive handcrafted gifts from them. They make paper crafts for your special occasions. They will spend money on supplies instead of going out to shop for clothes with friends or lunch.
How do you recognize one? Ask them if you are unsure. Look at their home, you will recognize the evidence throughout their home. Projects will occupy space, supplies will fill a room and the décor; especially around the holidays. will look handcrafted.
How do you keep from duplicating what they already possess? Gift cards to their favorite craft stores like Micheals, Joanna, Walmart, and Hobby Lobby. There are online hobby stores too, buy you would need to know the name of the store to purchase their gift cards. Crafters are creatures that love to explore their favorite stores on a very frequent basis; rather than new stores. That is just due to the knowledge of what the store carries and their prices. So your backup plan is always, buy a gift card for their favorite store.
It is a lot more joyful to receive supplies, this is truly Christmas for crafters! Here are the 10 Best Gifts for Crafters besides a gift card:
- Supplies, materials, glue, Hot glue materials are always usable for a multitude of projects.
- Magazine subscription to the related craft. There are endless crafting books. One that is a necessity for any crafter is Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts.
- Organization and storage containers. Craft bags that store supplies and make it easy to carry. Catchall trash containers or scrap paper containers are great too.
- Ribbons, fabric, and florals.
- Stamp sets, ink pads, cardstock paper, glitter or embossing powders and idea books.
- Sewing materials, knitting or crocheting, crosstich, and embroidery. Threads, patterns, needles and kits.
- Crafting classes related to their craft. Michaels and Hobby Lobby have them available on daily and weekly basis.
- Cake decorating is a wonderful hobby that requires many supplies, how to books and classes.
- Jewelry, beads, wires and special pieces. Sheets of metal (copper, silver or bronze) Polymer clays and related tools.
- Drawing, painting, watercolor and drawing paper, watercolors, paintbrushes or acrylic craft paints of any color combinations.
Crafters are probably the easiest people to buy for. There is no such thing as too much of anything! It is always nice to include some kind of storage for the items you are buying. It helps your recipient maintain organization with the new items.
If you know they are saving to go to an annual convention that involves their craft, maybe you want to contribute to the travel fund. There are always travel gifts to offer if you prefer to stay away from the crafting side of their lives.
They can appreciate vintage items too. Incorporate those finds in with new supplies to give them a special thrill. There are vintage buttons, ribbons, fabrics, sewing items and postcards. These can be inexpensive additions to a special grouping of gifts for your crafter.
Caution! You may become a crafter as you shop for one!
Crafters Gift Ideas
Scrapbooking Gift Ideas by Cynthia
Martha Stewart Glitter
floral arranging supplies
Fellow Hubber Craftybird Hub on websites to buy cheap craft supplies
I want to share a resource guide by a fellow hubber, craftybird. She has provided a list of websites to buy crafts cheap! I think we can all appreciate the bargains when it comes to buying craft supplies.