- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Canadian Holidays
Education in Canada
Canada as Studying Destination
Canada has become a studying destination for foreign students, especially from Asia. Many of Indonesian students also chose Canada as the studying destination. There are many seminars about Canada Education Fair in Jakarta and Surabaya this year.
International students may consider Canada as one of the country of destination for further studies. Based on studies conducted by the Association of Commonwealth University in 2003 stating that the cost of university tuition in Canada is the lowest one, compared with the university tuition fees in England, Australia and New Zealand. In addition, tuition at universities in the United States more expensive 1 / 3 times the cost of tuition at universities in Canada while the private United States universities can achieve double the cost.
The cost is one of Canada education's attraction. Beside that there are many reasons why students choose to go to Canada for their education, such as :
1. The environment. Not just the beautiful scenery and the fresh air, Canada has many people with numerous cultural and racial backgrounds. This is really great for foreign students, they may find friends for many cultural backgrounds that will be broaden their experience. This is a country of diversity.
2. Canada has a great medical insurance (called Medicare) and the health cost is low, so this is great for foreign students.
3. An Indonesian citizen that live and work in Canada said that her family received allowanced from the Canadian's Government. Even if she is just a foreign student in Canada. This is cool I think.
4. For foreign student who goes there with his wife, his wife may has an opportunity to work in Canada as well.
5. Canada is a safe place. The political conditions is relatively stable.
6. Canada has two official languages, English and French, so this is the opportunity to learn other language beside English.
7. There are many beautiful parks where you may experience many activities like canooing, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing and many more.
8. The land is so wide and green. The temperature varies a great deal in Canada. Certain cities almost never have snow in the winter while other cities may get a lot.
9. The quality of their schools and colleges are great.
10. There are many festivals and music concerts in Canada.
The example of living costs in Canada :
Rent - Bachelor Apartment
(one room apartment, one month, large city) $700 - $1,100
Rent - Bachelor Apartment
(one room apartment, one month, small city/town) $500 - $700
Utilities (one month) $20 - $30
Phone (one month not including long distance) $20 - $40
Cell Phone Package (one month) $40
Cable Television (one month) $25 - $50
Internet Connection (high speed, one month) $40
Groceries for One Person (one month) $200 - $300
One Dozen Eggs $2 - $3
Bag of Rice (2 kg) $2 - $6
Bus Fare One Way (local) $2.25
Local Telephone Call $0.25
Fast Food Meal (hamburger, soft drink, french fries) $4 - $6
Average Restaurant Meal $10 - $25
Coffee from Specialty Coffee Shop $1.70
Admission to Nightclub $0 - $15
Gas/Petrol $1.15 - $1.50
Movie $11.50 - $13
Pair of Jeans $40 - $80
Pair of Running Shoes $60 - $200
Return flight from Vancouver to Toronto $300 - $1,200
Letter within Canada $0.50
International Postage (letter) $1.45
Foreign students will never have difficulty in finding ATMs or bank access in Canada. There are many there.
Generally, a bank card or credit card can be used to take money from an ATM. ATM cards can be used at various stores in Canada to make payments of goods such as foodstuffs and clothing. The banks in Canada offer many services to our customers to keep their passports and savings accounts. Many Canadians use personal checks issued by banks to make payments because the checks are easily replaced if stolen or lost. Most shops, hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues also accept traveler's checks and credit cards.
The example of tuition fees in Canada : for Common Arts and Science Program, year 2006-2007
Newfoundland and Labrador
$1,896 - $3,549
Prince Edward Island
$4,854 - $7,281
$8,233 - $14,349
$5,735 - $19,467
$7,843 - $12,810
$7,260 - $9,384
$10,068 - $12,930
$9,078 - $20,000
$6,900 - $16,800
$5,650 - $26,764
$5,573 - $8,283
$4,170 - $7,937
$8,489 - $11,482
$2,000 - $7,078
$8,000 - $15,767
$5,500 - $21,546
$9,248 - $17,667
$2,600 - $33,667
Source : Candian Statistic
- How To Choose Student Housing
For some International Students finding a place to stay during the new semester or their new year in college is the most important thing. Many Asian students will go to USA, Europe, Australia, and other Asian...
- Survival Tips For Foreign Student
Every year many Asian students leave their country for studying abroad. They could go to another Asian country that have better education centre than their own country (in this case Indonesia) like Singapore,...
- Finding The Most Suitable Student Loan For You
As you discover yourself graduating of college with a big of student loans one of the first matters you would like to do is try to get whole of your loans consolidated fast. The first reason out for this is...
- Searching for Low Income Apartment For Rent
In recession time like these days find a low income apartment for rent is an advantage. If you still don't have a house by yourself or seeking for much cheaper apartment, you may try to find the low income...
- Searching For Cheap Apartment For Rent
United States still become number one as the main destination of studying abroad for students all around the world. Even in this recession condition, the Indonesian Student that interested in studying in the...