Green Bean Almondine: A Thanksgiving Alternative to The Green Bean Casserole Rut
This recipe is a great alternative to the rut we had gotten into with the traditional Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole. This Green Bean Almondine is the perfect side dish to your Thanksgiving turkey and will become the new family favorite Thanksgiving dish. It is quick and tasty and a favorite of young and old alike! Give it a try!
5 Simple Steps To A New Tradition
Are you tired of the rut you have gotten into with the traditional fare of the Green Bean Casserole? Everyone loves it, but this recipe has a variety of flavors that will make it a new Thanksgiving favorite! Sweet and savory with a kick of crunch this Green Bean Almondine is a great alternative to the Thanksgiving green bean casserole rut! You will need a handful of readily available ingredients which stir together quickly to make a tasty side dish that will be loved by all gathered around the holiday table!
In a few simple steps you will have a great side dish!
- Begin by bringing three 16 ounce cans of green beans to a boil.
- While this is in process, in a small saucepan, lightly toast 1/4 cup almond slivers on low heat.
- Add 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic and stir in 2 Tablespoons honey and slowly bring to low boil, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Once beans have boiled, drain off liquids.
- Pour almond sauce over the top and serve hot!
Photo and Text Copyright 2011 Deborah M. Carey