Homemade Scary Halloween Costumes
Homemade Scary Costumes - Spend Less, Scare More
Halloween is a spooky time of year when you get to show your creative side and make a homemade scary costume.
Instead of spending hundreds at the store buying a scary costume, why don't you gather a few rummaged items from your home or the local thrift store and make your own scary costume. Make a homemade scary costume for your child.
The wardrobe really isn't that difficult, it's the face that makes or breaks the look. A scary look can be made with fake blood and a few props. Use items around the house like a black robe or an oversized coat or a dark sheet for the clothing. Then use red colored lipstick, loose powder, medical gauze and other items around the medicine cabinet to create that wounded, or dead, scary look.
Creating a Homemade Scary Costume such as Freddy Krueger
It's all up to you and the life you bring to it.
If you notice all the costumes out there in stores, they give you the very basics. They pretty much give you the garment to wear and one or two accessories to add to make the costume. But if you try it on at the costume place, it still looks like you, only your wardrobe has taken a turn for the worse.
It's all in the face. The make-up you add changes your face in color to a scary or very pale or very dark face. However, you need to take the package that you just put on or created and make it your own. If you're Freddy Krueger, you need to scream every now and then, strike-out in anger, or have a stern, mad, evil look to you because the make-up and the costume can only do so much. It's up to you to make the character come alive.
Once you have the scary costume in place, practice in front of a mirror and watch a few videos of scary characters and do what they do with their facial expressions. If you attend a costume party, you're sure to win 1st place if you make a face or a movement when they are voting for you in a line-up. It steals the show every time. Practice your look and movements beforehand and you'll be a winner.
A Variety of Homemade Scary Costumes to choose from...
Use things around your house to make a homemade Gauze Zombie.
It's really pretty basic to make a homemade zombie.
1) Use an old long robe or black jacket.
2) Layer it with medical guaze from your medicine cabinet or first aid kit.
3) Use black gloves, black socks and black boots or shoes.
4) Get a ski mask and cover it in blood make up and more gauze, letting some hang over towards your face.
5) Use black or gray face make up and spread fake blood splatters throughout.
6) Use black or very dark lipstick on your lips.
7) If you can locate red flashing eyes with batteries, that would be best, if not use a variety of reds and blacks and shades of gray to create a dead, sunken in look around your eyes.
8) Use a black belt or a strip of gauze to create a belt and have gauze hanging from it.
9) Practice dragging your feet and raising your hands as if you were a zombie.
Homemade Scary Doctor
Doctor of Death Homemade Costume for Adult or Child
The picture show here is for a young child. You can make a homemade scary child costume from old clothes, old shoes, old jackets, and other odds and ends found around the house.
1) Buy some green pajamas or get an old lab coat or scrubs from thrift store.
2) Get a face mask from the drug store or make one from material and elastic..
3) Take red fabric paint and smear it on the lab coat or scrubs and face mask.
4) Use a pair of latex gloves and take a permanent red marker and color the gloves.
5) Make a name tag, such as "The Doctor of Death".
6) Use red face paint on your face so it looks like there are drops of blood.
7) Accessorize with a toy stethoscope or a plastic hammer or a tongue depressor.
8) As you approach people ask them "What are your symptoms" and pretend to be concerned.
9) Use an old CD and glue it to elastic to make a head mirror as an added touch.
10) Put a pen in your scrub pocket.
Beetlejuice Lives On.... MSRP $120.00 Make it Yourself!
More Examples for Men - Modern Day Vampire
Zombie MSRP $49.99 -Make It Yourself
Store Bought Make-Up kits - Create that professional looking scary face.
Your local pharmacy, Wal-Mart, Target, or Halloween store will have most of the props you need to create a costume. However, if you look at the simplicity of them, you will certainly be able to find similar objects around the house and it could add up to significant savings.
Use your hidden talents and make up your own costume. You'll win for originality.
Halloween Wigs - Add color and character to any homemade scary costume with a wig.
A wig can completely change your appearance and give you the affect you are looking for in a scary costume. If you can't find the right wig, try throwing powder on your hair to get the old, gray look. Dye your hair with the temporary colored hair spray to give it a dark black gothic look for a vampire or scary witch. Add hats to add to the look.
Use the green wig for a variety of homemade scary costumes to help you stand out from the crowd.
Princess of Darkness Costume
Keep it simple - it's all in your dramatic presentation.
This Princess of Darkness homemade costume for an adult can also be adapted to make a homemade witch or a vampire costume or a female zombie. Use your creative talents and play around with the costume clothing and make-up. All you need to do is gather the basic items and put them all together. Sometimes the more layers the better.
1) Look through your closet or ask your friends or get a used long sleeve, down to your toes, off-colored dress as shown here.
2) Give the lived in, died in feel by crinkling it up a bit and letting the kids wipe their hands on it to give it a muddy, cemetary kind of look.
3) Cover your face in light powder or use white face paint.
4) Contrast your lips with a deep red.
5) Get fake long nails or use your own and paint them black with red.
6) Frizz out, or tease out your hair, or get a long haired wig.
7) Practice raising your arms and opening your mouth really wide like you're about to attack someone.
8) Practice screams if you think it will waken the dead and get you the attention you deserve.
Edward Scissorhands Homemade Costume Example
Snow White and the Huntsman Queen Ravenna
Ghost Lady Example - Store Bought MSRP $220 - Make It Yourself
Day of the Dead Bride MSRP $129.99
Zombie Prom Queen
Great Time to show off your pet
Scary pet costumes can add extra fun if your pet is willing to go along with it and even let you put him in it. Be creative, have fun, take lots of pictures.
Pet Halloween Costumes
FEARnet is the place to see videos of Horror Movies - Get great ideas of your favorite creepy, scary character.
Michael Meyers, Zombies, Ghouls, Vampires, The Grim Reaper, Freddy Krueger, and Jason are all great, scary costumes. Check out this website that shows videos of all your favorite, scary horror movies. See the old favorites and new movies that are just coming out.
- Horror Movies, Reviews, News and Free Horror Video Clips - FEARnet
Discuss all of the movies that are featured on FEARnet. ... Horror lives at FEARnet.com - your horror, thriller, and suspense movie resource on the Web. ...
The film which ushered in the modern age of horror stands well above its many sequels and clones because John Carpenter's taut direction makes it truly scary. Jamie Lee Curtis in her debut role plays a babysitter who must protect herself from the deadly Michael Myers a mental institution escapee who killed his sister on Halloween fifteen years earlier. Called "the most successful independent motion picture of all time" HALLOWEEN is also one of most frightening films ever made.System Requirements...
Haunted Houses Throughout the Country and ... - scary places throughout the world.
Not sure what to do for Halloween? Need scary costume ideas? Check out these sites of different places throughout the US and the world, mainly haunted houses. Included are the scariest places to live.
Some are haunted houses set up in your local area.
- Haunted Houses, Ghost Towns, Haunted Hotels, Ghost Stories ...
HauntedHouses.com - The quick and easy way to find Haunted Houses, Ghost Towns, Haunted Hotels, Ghost Stories, and more.
- Portal to Haunted Houses, Halloween & Scary Stuff - Haunted House.com
Haunted House.com is an online portal to Haunted House information. Locate real and Halloween haunts, a Marketplace for Halloween props, costumes,decoration ...
- Haunted House, Halloween, Haunted Hayrides, Haunted Houses, Real ...
Haunted House and Halloween portal to finding haunted houses, Halloween events, pumpkin carving, haunted how tos and everything you want to know about the ...
- Horrorfind Haunted_Houses
find haunted houses the top haunted house locator on the web. ... Varela's Virtual Haunted House is a game where you use your flashlight (your mouse) to ...
- The World's Most Haunted Places
A tour of some of the creepiest, most ghost-infested places on the planet.
- Haunted House Directory, Haunted Attractions, Haunted Hayrides ...
Haunted House directory to help you find haunted houses and halloween attractions across the United States.
- YouTube - High-Tech Haunted Houses
Oct 31, 2006 ... If you really want to get into the mood for Halloween, just go to one of your local haunted houses. Tracy Smith visited a modern-day haunted ...
A Bloody Mess
Use fake blood to give a scary, creepy look.
Helpful Links to Scary Costume Sites - Get some great ideas for a scary costume.
- Scary Halloween Costumes Costumes at BizRate - Halloween shopping ...
Buy scary halloween costumes Costumes from Toys & Games stores. Compare prices & shop online at BizRate. Check store ratings before you buy Costumes.